Technical Spark plugs

Currently reading:
Technical Spark plugs

Stick with NGK, but I'd look at Iridium tipped.

They made a real differerence in my Lotus, but then that had carbs and the computing power of a digital watch. The engine management system might cover this already.

Stick with NGK, but I'd look at Iridium tipped.

They made a real differerence in my Lotus, but then that had carbs and the computing power of a digital watch. The engine management system might cover this already.

i had a look the the iridium tipped but it saind they were for the 1.4 turbo! will they be okay for mine?

i had a look the the iridium tipped but it saind they were for the 1.4 turbo! will they be okay for mine?

Taken from the NGK web site. Relates to the MiTo but it the same

The Alfa Romeo MiTo new sporting supermini hatchback 1.4L 16v NA is installing NGK ZKR7A-10 spark plugs as exclusive OE fitment. This 12mm diameter plug has been developed specifically for Fiat’s FIRE EVO and FIRE PDA engine families. It is a nickel alloy plug with a 5mm projected spark position and 1mm gap size and has already been installed in FIRE engines for Fiat and Lancia applications since the end of 2005. It is also fitted in the new 1.2L Fiat 500.

The 1.4L 16v T-Jet MiTo is equipped with NGK IKR9F8 spark plugs as exclusive OE fitment. This plug has also been fitted exclusively in the recently introduced Fiat 500 Abarth. In order to provide the best ignition performance, precious metals – iridium and platinum – are employed on both centre and ground electrodes of the IKR9F8. It has been designed to ensure maximum ignition reliability and is extremely resistant to spark erosion, so ensuring that performance does not deteriorate over the whole service life.

Taken from the NGK web site. Relates to the MiTo but it the same

The Alfa Romeo MiTo new sporting supermini hatchback 1.4L 16v NA is installing NGK ZKR7A-10 spark plugs as exclusive OE fitment. This 12mm diameter plug has been developed specifically for Fiat’s FIRE EVO and FIRE PDA engine families. It is a nickel alloy plug with a 5mm projected spark position and 1mm gap size and has already been installed in FIRE engines for Fiat and Lancia applications since the end of 2005. It is also fitted in the new 1.2L Fiat 500.

The 1.4L 16v T-Jet MiTo is equipped with NGK IKR9F8 spark plugs as exclusive OE fitment. This plug has also been fitted exclusively in the recently introduced Fiat 500 Abarth. In order to provide the best ignition performance, precious metals – iridium and platinum – are employed on both centre and ground electrodes of the IKR9F8. It has been designed to ensure maximum ignition reliability and is extremely resistant to spark erosion, so ensuring that performance does not deteriorate over the whole service life.

but will the bottom one work on my non turbo? as the top one isn't iridium?

Dont even compare these two. NGK are far better. As for your question about fitting t-jet's plug to your starjet i am not sure but i will do a search. It is pointless to change your sparks' type as the four electrodes won't offer any difference.

Check this thread as well: https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/105821-ngk-iridium-ix-plugs-vs-bosch-super-4s-review.html

hmmm... looks to be personal preference really, the differences seem negligible to me from the above thread.

i'm not changing them for any increase in performance. I'm just being shown how to do a few things on the car as i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the engine, so i thought as i'm gonna be changing the serviceable parts i may as well get the best parts for the job.

hmmm... looks to be personal preference really, the differences seem negligible to me from the above thread.

i'm not changing them for any increase in performance. I'm just being shown how to do a few things on the car as i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the engine, so i thought as i'm gonna be changing the serviceable parts i may as well get the best parts for the job.

Did you fit the ikr9f8? I am thinking of doing the same with mine 34.50 from eBay I saw some

Back