Technical spark plugs or gear box???

Currently reading:
Technical spark plugs or gear box???

rickyt

was driving along the other day wen all of a sudden i got loss of power, car started to sound like a tank and everytime i changed gear there was very little response from the throttle, even with my foot to the floor, a freind has said it could be spark plug related but im not well up on engine's and thought i'd throw it on here for your tech heads to pick your brains. when i parked up the car was shaking, i was thinking gear box problem (hope not) and i dont think its the exhaust, even though it sounds like a tank when im driving it just dosent feel like the exhaust is causing the problem. any help is much appreciated.

done that now, in a lot of the posts they mention the engine failure light lighting up on the dash, which i haven't had (yet) it's come on and of about 3 times in the past few months though, could this possibly be what the light was coming on for the first time? because when it did come on before there was never any loss of performance. anyway gonna take them out tomorrow and hopefully it is just that whats causing the problem.

just disconnected them one at a time, think ive found the culprit but it still sounds like a tank and the engine is still shaking like a sh*t*ng dog, im presuming this will stop once the coil is replaced?

if it is just the coil that's the issue then yes.. it would be back to normal.. as for shaking - a 4 cyl engine is not designed to run on 3

problem solved, replaced the coil and it's fine (so far lol) only £20 from scrapyard too. cheers

Back