General Sparco Pedals

Currently reading:
General Sparco Pedals

Trying to install a pair I bought from Halfords a week or so ago.
Fustrating the hell out of me!:bang:

Anyway, I tried a couple of days ago and I couldnt get a drill that was powerful enough to actually go through the pedals.
Managed to find one that did in the garage but now having problems with drilling the holes themselves?!

Cant drill the top hole of the Brake as the drill is too big..
Cant drill the top hole of the accelerator as the nut wouldnt fit in the gap between the pedal and the pedal arm

Any ideas :confused:
Ta :)

Trying to install a pair I bought from Halfords a week or so ago.
Fustrating the hell out of me!:bang:

Anyway, I tried a couple of days ago and I couldnt get a drill that was powerful enough to actually go through the pedals.
Managed to find one that did in the garage but now having problems with drilling the holes themselves?!

Cant drill the top hole of the Brake as the drill is too big..
Cant drill the top hole of the accelerator as the nut wouldnt fit in the gap between the pedal and the pedal arm

Any ideas :confused:
Ta :)

try pressing the peddle whilst you drill. may give you more room to get the drill there. or maybe could remove your peddles so you can then drill them

not tryed it myself so i cant say lol. just stick your head in the footwell and have a good look :D
or try haynes lol

or even a smaller drill if you can

try a pilot bit on the drill that fits then build up the size of the drill bit

i had the very same problem with my pedals
i used a power drill to drill the holes them selves but i had a problem with the drill bits kept breaking so i purchased two titanium drill bits one the correct size for the holes and one slightly smaller to act as a pilot
then i used some wood behind the pedals in order oto stop them from moving about when drilling, prop them up if it were.
then just apply as much pressure as possible during the drilling stage, take note that the pedals don't actually sit straight and at a slight angle so youll have to drill at an angle and the wood helps by propping them up slightly higher

i would recommend taping the pedals with masking tape first and marking out where the holes are going ot be in pencil rather then using the pedal itself as a guideline
also i used a small chisel and a hammer to make a small indent to start the pilot of :)
try make sure the pedals have a 55mm space between them n order to pass your MOT, if not just do what i do and swap the pedals back to stock (y)
hope this helps dude, took me a good hour or so to even drill through one pedal at one point but as soon as you get one done the others are fairly easy
good luck

i had the very same problem with my pedals
i used a power drill to drill the holes them selves but i had a problem with the drill bits kept breaking so i purchased two titanium drill bits one the correct size for the holes and one slightly smaller to act as a pilot
then i used some wood behind the pedals in order oto stop them from moving about when drilling, prop them up if it were.
then just apply as much pressure as possible during the drilling stage, take note that the pedals don't actually sit straight and at a slight angle so youll have to drill at an angle and the wood helps by propping them up slightly higher

i would recommend taping the pedals with masking tape first and marking out where the holes are going ot be in pencil rather then using the pedal itself as a guideline
also i used a small chisel and a hammer to make a small indent to start the pilot of :)
try make sure the pedals have a 55mm space between them n order to pass your
MOT, if not just do what i do and swap the pedals back to stock (y)
hope this helps dude, took me a good hour or so to even drill through one pedal at one
point but as soon as you get one done the others are fairly easy
good luck

Wow thanks, very detailed :)
Just a couple of questions
Did you manage to do the brake pedal properly as it doesn't go down all the way?
Also how did you manager to do the accelerator pedal, the supplied nut won't go under the top of the pedal? :(

Cheers :D

Did you manage to do the brake pedal properly as it doesn't go down all the way?
Also how did you manager to do the accelerator pedal, the supplied nut won't go under the top of the pedal? :(

turn your engine on and it will go down all the way

you might have to put the pedals up slightly higher than the stocks in order for the pedal to go all the way down
as for the accelerator pedal i had to get a different nut and bolt to the one supplied in order to get a snug fit, just take a trip to B&Q and they'll have plenty
cheers

Back