Technical Spanish plates - changing headlights to RHD

Currently reading:
Technical Spanish plates - changing headlights to RHD

elliemeg

Hi - I am new to this site. I see there are quite a few threads on this topic ... but I would like the most recent thoughts please.

I have recently brought my S reg Barchetta to Spain and would like to have it put on Spanish plates. I know the main issue will be the lights. Does anyone know of a garage in the Valencia region who would be able to convert the headlights for me?

I do not have the skills to do it myself! So, I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

I think the easiest soluton will be to buy yourself a new (used) set of headlight. although it might be expensive.
In holland (dutch) you can buy a set of headlights for the barchetta in used but good condition for €100 excl shipping.

i think thats the best option plus you can keep your old headlights should the car ever return to the uk

You can sell them on ebay for a price higher than euro headlights since the rate of inporting to the uk is higher than export

In holland (dutch) you can buy a set of headlights for the barchetta in used but good condition for €100 excl shipping.

only 100€ per piece? i check ebay.uk form time to time and there are no headlights under 250€/300€ + shipping...
well, if you find them for 100€, take it take them withouth thining. that's really bargain.

Hi Elliemeg, Welcome to the forum :wave:

Sorry I cant recomend a garage in your area but there are good instructions on how to convert them here:

http://www.barchettaclub.fr/spip.php?article217

If your french is about as good as mine then google translate help alot!

I'm sure if you print out the guide and pass it along to any garage or friend they should be able to sort it out for you.

I switched one over a few years ago I seem to remember it is possible to get headlights out without removing the bumper but it's probably quicker in the long run to remove the bumper.

Hope it helps

Thanks very much for that - would that be through ebay, or are there any other Dutch sites I could try?

http://auto-onderdelen.marktplaats....GLA8EXUdc/fBKFQOH9+fwAAcxc2A==&fta_ind=3&fs=1
Here you go. currently for sale 2 pair.
I'm sorry it's 100€/piece.

I have bought stuff personally from this guy, so he is trustworthy.
you can buy all sort of things there, he breaks barchetta's up

Looking at the photos in this advert, it looks like he is selling only the headlight covers and housing, not the actual projector units - whereas those would be the parts elliemeg is after.

Regards
Giorgio

Click this link to my fiat forum thread.

Click me

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hi to all, my question is about headlight conversions. I can see Doc's pics showing the beam deflector but mine looks different, does anybody know why?... and how I convert it ? I cant show any pics as I havent posted more than 5 times , but the pics are in the gallery under' barchetta headlights different' thanks again

Here's the pics,, any ideas, no one else seems to have this style ?? Any thoughts ???

:eek: it looks somebody drill out that raised part... strange...

Hi F4usT,

I agree, it looks like somebody has roughly filed down one side of the deflector.
I'm still unsure why it is different to all the other deflectors I have seen, and thoughts

Thanks

Andy

Contact the person of the ad. i'm absolutely shure he can sell you the part you are looking for.

You can also try barchettaparts.com. Email Henk and ask him what you need.

Thanks for the replies, I just wish I knew why my deflector was different to all the others who'do it themselves'.... nothings ever easy ;) :bang:

I will keep looking.....If anybody else has seen this before, please let me know.. thanks

Hi Andy, Sorry I've never seen that mod to the deflectors. Maybe someone was trying to get more light out of the poor headlights.

I'm sure I heard about some differences somewhere about some deflectors having rivets holding them on ?

Not sure but I may have an old headlight in the shed somewhere... can't remember if I threw it out in a clean up but I will have a look for it on my days off.

If I can find it you can have the deflector from it and I should be able to make U another 1 to match.

Hi Desert Rat,

God knows what the person was trying :) Thanks very much for having a look when you get time, I'm desperate to get the car back on the road where it belongs.

Andy

Back