Spacesaver tyres Panda 4x4

Currently reading:
Spacesaver tyres Panda 4x4

StephenFiat

Hello, I have a 2019 Panda 4x4 with 175/65 r15 tyres. Following a puncture, I've decided to get a spare wheel.

Looking at the manual, I think I need a 125/80 r15, is that right?

I found some useful posts on here but they are a few years old, so I wanted to check they still apply to a 2019 model?

For example one post said that the 4x4 and cross require a 15 inch space saver due to larger brake discs.

I also read a lot of posts saying spacesavers were not good for braking, handling, etc. Can you fit a standard tyre into the well in the boot? I found a post that suggested for other models you can but not for the larger wheels of the 4x4. Does this mean I will have to have a space saver?

What jack do you use, and how high must it extend? I read some posts saying certain jacks won't lift the 4x4 high enough because the car already is quite high off the road.

A trolley jack would use up most of the boot space. Has anyone found a good bottle jack or is it best to go with a scissor jack?

Thanks

If you would like a really good - free - wheel please PM me. it is a 125 something x15. a full size 15" wheel will not fit in the spare wheel well. You would best be served to get a 500l or Doblo jack as these or a Bravo 198 jack have the right weight and height capabilities. I got a jack and tools off eBay for £30 albeit about 5 years ago now. Bottle jacks are of no real use as there is nowhere to site them properly. Standard panda car jack has a different thread that takes much more winding and, as it wont lift the car off the ground, needs a hefty block of wood to go under the jack which I feel its a lot less safe. Whatever jack you get need a 30mm deep slot at the top to fit the sill properly..

Back