sound proofing

Currently reading:
sound proofing

AY786

Right, im slowly buying my speakers, sub, amps, deck etc for my new car and just wondered, what would be the best sound proofing to use. I know theres dynomat but it is expensive but just wondered if there is an alternative to use.

And if there are any other methods you can think of for sound proofing and how you would best lay it out etc. I want sound proofing because if im having a sub i dont want distorted sound such as the boot rattling about etc making the sound quaity inferior to what it is

well im quite fussy when it comes to which sub and amps im having though. Well im going for an alpine system so if by any chance you have an alpine type r sub then let me know, i may be interested

im interested in sound proofing aswell but dont want to pay an arm and a leg for it
ive got an alpine type r sub :)....but not selling sorry lol veyr good choice tho!

The cheap and cheerful way of doing it is using flashing tape from a builder's merchants, B&Q, etc. Obviously, this isn't as good as Dynamat/Second Skin Damplifier, so you might need an extra layer or two.

that reminds me, i was in b&q the ova day and i saw some large loft insulation rolls. When reading the back it said its fireproof and sound proof. It came in various thicknesses but this could work i think.

A bulk pack of dynamat on ebay is like £140 as well but ive seen some brown bread on there as well so ill see how much that is.

Back