Sony to remove 'other OS' PS3 option

Currently reading:
Sony to remove 'other OS' PS3 option

bit late, but as for ps3, still got a 60GB, 4th one arrives tomorrow, as now i've had 3 YLOD (yellow light of death) which is basically the same thing as xboxs RROD. the last one i've been lying flat just incase it was standing it up that caused it more but evidently not.

the last one only just lasted 3 months! (n) but at least sony have been ok about replacing it, and apparently if it was to go again, within a reasonable time, i can have a slim one which is what i asked for, as it would appear they've sorted the issues out on that one. yes i'll lose features but a working one is with less features is better.

bit late, but as for ps3, still got a 60GB, 4th one arrives tomorrow, as now i've had 3 YLOD (yellow light of death) which is basically the same thing as xboxs RROD. the last one i've been lying flat just incase it was standing it up that caused it more but evidently not.

the last one only just lasted 3 months! (n) but at least sony have been ok about replacing it, and apparently if it was to go again, within a reasonable time, i can have a slim one which is what i asked for, as it would appear they've sorted the issues out on that one. yes i'll lose features but a working one is with less features is better.
It appears the 60gb ones are useless at surviving!

My friend bought one (60gb) on launch day 2006 and it lasted till 2008.
I've had mine (40gb) since 2007 and it's running spot on to this day.

Back