Technical Somethings wrong with my clutch... Help

Currently reading:
Technical Somethings wrong with my clutch... Help

mr500

Right. Verdicts gents please.

Car's (sporting cinq) got only 25k miles on clock. One lady owner. So i'd hope the clutch isn't farked. However I replaced and adjusted the cable as it felt notchy and old (which it is at 8 years) when I got the car last month.

Now of late when I dip the clutch I get a crack/clonk noise which I can feel through pedal and hear it from drivers seat. The noise happens at the bottom of travel. 3/4 way down.

What would it be? Cover? Release bearing binding on guide sleeve? Clutch fork? Has anyone else had this? I'm getting no slip or judder. Perhaps a bit notchy from 3rd to 2nd but I put that down to the box. Or is it?

It's only £60 for a valeo jobbie but I could do without the job if the truth be known.

Hmm?.

Could be the release bearing has worn away the forks on the cover. Not unknown problem, I'm afraid.

Or

The mechanism between the pedal and passenger footwell had excess play in it. Not unknown problem, I'm afraid.

Or

Could be the release fork arm has seized in the bellhousing. Not unknown problem, I'm afraid.

Cheers

D

That is the clucth,

She properly been runing with foot on the clucth pedal.

I just replaced my after 160.000km but some changes that aftter 80,000km.

How much is a mile in kilometer ?

prob about 42k's.

i dont know if I should pull the box or keep on going. the noise is box related not inner linkage i think. if i take out box and its the mech i'll have to get the bits pronto or the car's off road. maybe better to order fork and bushes prior to job.

could it be the adjuster block sticking on fork? block has to sort of turn on fork as fork pushes release bearing and turns. I'll lube that first. but i reckon you boys are spot on. prob fork ends grinding on bearing. or one or two fingers on cover bust causing the dreaded crack.

there's aways something to bring ya down!!

Last edited:
I dont think it made the noise. My sei had a change like a knife through butter. The cinq's is notchy. So I decided to swap/adjust. there was a minor click which i thought may 'clear'. But it seems to have got shed loads worse.

I think it may be the bearing on the cover fingers judging by the wear i've seen on another thread pics.

Back