Technical someone help please

Currently reading:
Technical someone help please

ryan_welsh

right this is the problem. the car it getting really hot and eventually the water bottle starts pissing out water. aving studyed the forum sticky i assumed my head gasket had gone. so.. i took the car to be skimmed and tested. ad it all putt back 2gether and i cot the same problem. the fan is working and the garage has told me the thermostat is working to. someone help me b4 i sell it. ive ad ford b4 this and never ad ne problems. i love the cinq butt aint got time fo this s**t. any advice i would be gr8full for

ryan whitlock

does it come out the cap, does it appear to leave white mark behind, but the water in the tank is clear.

if so the cap may just need replacing, about £3.50 from fiat

plate2jb.jpg

Seicento Sporting, Modified Front Bumper, Saxo Custom Spoiler, Abarth Side Skirts, Bad Boy Bonnet, Afterburner Rear Lenses, 4" Powerflow Exhaust System, Abarth 14" Alloys.
IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop

Check out my site: http://badboygaz.mysite.freeserve.com​

Check your radiator isn't blocked. Same thing happened to me, got hot quick and eventually head gasket went. The bottom of my radiator was completely blocked with gunk.

Red Cinq Sporting Abarth 1242

I had a similar problem and it was the expansion bottle cap,. it needs to create a seal in order to pressurise and raise the boiling point of the water, if it doesn't pressurise u get the problem that ur having

sig1.jpg

90 to 100 degrees C, dependent on how it feels:D

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system on...rattles like f**k, but very nice!!!

also check the fins on the rad are still intact and not corroded away,also on mine i've noticed that the water pump fins must be fairly worn,as the warm air(inside the car from the heater) goes cold if the engine is at idle but heats up if you rev the engine.if the warm water isn't getting to the radiator then it cant be cooled.

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

check your water levels. are they staying put? Mine was spewing out water from leaks everywhere. Initially thanks to a shot radiator. try another garage. You'll probably find they give you a different explaination

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

could be the thermastat or expansion cap, raditor or just needs a rad flush(could be blocked) etc, I would take to a other garage and get them to look at it tho, as the first lot may have missed something etc

Back