General somebody must know the answer!

Currently reading:
General somebody must know the answer!

Craigdiver

Please please please heeellllppppp......

Car: Punto Cabrio 1996 with infra-red remote central locking
keyfob has new batteries, appears to be working fine (can see IR beam through a digital camera)

Central locking working great, but not with keyfob. Is there a procedure for linking a keyfob with the central locking control unit in the glove compartment (what do you do if you buy a new key from FIAT)?

Please do not mention the red key as I don't have it!!!!!

very frustrating

Craigdiver

could be the revceiver for the IR is smegged...it should be in the boot beneath the parcel shelf bit....assuming a cabrio still has that bit :p

could be the revceiver for the IR is smegged...it should be in the boot beneath the parcel shelf bit....assuming a cabrio still has that bit :p

I have found the problem, the output of the IR received next to rear view mirror is connected directly to the yellow central locking control unit in the top of the glovebox. I need a code for the key, which I actually think is the code for the yellow control unit.

the codes for the remote keys are on 2 pieces of paper hidden in your red key

so your stuffed really

i will have a look at some things for you and see what you may need to replace or do basikly to make them work

Thanks I would really appreciate that. I think i'll need to buy one of those meta kits and replace the yellow relay and just use fobs instead of the one on the key. I take it on the meta kits, the supplied keyfobs are already programmed to the yellow controler / relay.

unless you have the codes from one of the keys programed into the car then you cant open the memory to program reprogram new or old keys

so you need to buy a new receiver and key to use to program the key you have but then you need a red key to program the new key to the fiat engine imoboliser code system which you dont

so at best you could get the keys working on a new central locking reciever but the new key would not run the car but the internals from it would be a spare for the car or could replace the posible broken internals in your key

if you pm me your email i will send you some more info about the programing prosedures and component locations

I have them on pdf so can not load them on the forum

unless you have the codes from one of the keys programed into the car then you cant open the memory to program reprogram new or old keys

so you need to buy a new receiver and key to use to program the key you have but then you need a red key to program the new key to the fiat engine imoboliser code system which you dont

so at best you could get the keys working on a new central locking reciever but the new key would not run the car but the internals from it would be a spare for the car or could replace the posible broken internals in your key

if you pm me your email i will send you some more info about the programing prosedures and component locations

I have them on pdf so can not load them on the forum

Thank you so much for your advice, If the new key is the same as my existing one then all I need to do is swap the immobiliser transponder from my existing key to the new key or swap the remote IR part from the new key into my old key. Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Back