Technical some more questions

Currently reading:
Technical some more questions

Mar4ix

So folks, i am confused completely now.

As i described in this thread https://www.fiatforum.com/punto/261932-need-some-help.html had some issues with my mk1 punto 55s, '96, according books it has 1.1 engine.

Now i was changing timebelt, and i have timebelt for 1.1 engine.... when i tried install it, it couldn't fit. count teeths... on my old one is 108, on new one 104.... as i was looking in on-line part seller 1.1 engine timbelt has 104 teeths, an 1.2 has 108 teeths , also on ecu with marker writen '99 punto 1.2, also my car lamda suppose to have two wires, but i have lambda connection with 4 wires, also in pictures in my old thread you can see on cylinder head written 98 in circle - i suppose it is year of engine manufacturing (could mk1 puntos check their engine heads and confirm?)..... i think that punto has had engine conversion and i have 1.2 8v engine.

also it kind misfiring(or overfueling - cant describe exactly) when cold, and it is more less ok when warm, but when reving, it kind blue/black smoke goes (not much).... i'd say it is over overfueling.... i dont know... :(

as from my experience it could be head gasket fault/engine head crack.... but i dont have signs of it.... engine oil perfect, no high pressure in to cooling system. I suppose there is only 2 ways left over diagnose problem - check cylinder presure and chemical coolant test (take sample of coolant, add some liquid ... if it change colour, then it means too high co gas in to coolant, which directly leads to hg fault/engine head crack . (my friend on opel astra 1.4 engine had similar engine hesitation at start cold, but when went warm, revs was fine, but power loss... and it was hg blown, also rover had similar, but it had engine head crack).

Any advice from where start and what to do will appreciate.

Regards

Maris

All sounds quite odd:p...:confused:

when i did my timing belt i was sent one with too many teeth for the 1.1L 8V
Turns out there are two belts for this engine, you will have to check the engine code to find the correct one(y)

If you use www.eurocarparts.com Then you will see that the belts they offer have engine codes upto a certain number and one for after a certain number...(y)

Could just be you were given the wrong one...:confused:

As the the thought with the engine swap, you can check to see if the engine codes match that on the V5, if not then it seems most likely that it's been converted to a 1.2L(y)

Thanks madman0 ... i didnt think about engine number,tomorrow ill check the numbers. I think i have more likely 1.2 engine.... will check engine number... by the way.. is any another way find out is that 1.1 or 1.2 engine ?? so far i thought just timing belt teeths ... 1.1 has 104 and 1.2 has 108....

Back