Some more good news on Fiat/Lancia revival.

Currently reading:
Some more good news on Fiat/Lancia revival.

PNL said:
Ime not defending anybody just stateing that this dealer has a good rep dont tarr everybody with the same brush just because some are crap does not justify blameing the good also (n)
i was really aiming this at daves comment. yes there are some great dealers out there. but they are a tiny percentage in the fiat uk programme.
i want lancia to come back. i cant wait. but the new lancia range is aimed at the prestige/upper market. no longer do they do the integrale type car. but we will have to wait for the new delta. its also there centenary coming up, and lancia have said a special car is planned. new stratus?:worship: (y)

Athe end of the day ime sure we all want the same things, good relieable dealers more prestige for fiat/lancia cars but unfortunatly life doesnt work that way[unfortunetly] yes life quite often kicks you in the OUCH ? nuts. :cry:

PNL said:
Athe end of the day ime sure we all want the same things, good relieable dealers more prestige for fiat/lancia cars but unfortunatly life doesnt work that way[unfortunetly] yes life quite often kicks you in the OUCH ? nuts. :cry:
very often:yeahthat:

Steve said:
I can't believe this is being argued about!

FIAT AND ALFA HAVE SOME OF THE WORST DEALERS IN THE COUNTRY. Thier attitude is appauling. This is indesputable. Owners will tell you that, surveys will tell you that, questionaires will tell you that and the dog on the street will tell you that.

Even Fiat have recognised this and admitted it, if you like I'll dig out the press release. They have changed UK management on more then one occasion in recent years in an effort to improve things.

So how would you solve this 'problem' then?

I think the real point of this thread is to show that the Fiat/lancia brand is looking to th future, not just short term fixes like have been done in the past.

Lancia sales are up again this year throughout Europe, the last i saw it was 24%, whereas just about every single major car manufacturer has had a down turn in sales this year.

As others have mentioned, it does not take much to reinvent a brand in the UK publics fickle & frankly badge snobbery eye. Skoda, the butt of so many jokes are pretty much accepted now, especially amongst younger buyers who do not remember just who bad there cars were, or even SEAT which used to be just cheap Fiat rebadged that were not even as good as the Fiats they were based on. BMW god used to make bubble cars FFS, designed by an Italian, hardly the cars they are today.

Yes dealers on the whole are pretty shabby, and could do more, but I believe Lancia will not be sold through Fiat franchise's, but maybe will start in Alfa dealers as they are perceived as more upmarket, or start with limited number of stand alone dealers in major cities, you don't sell Armani suits in ASDA next to George, so stands to reason not to sell Lancia next to Fiat if they want the brand to be a genuine quality low volume product.

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
I think the real point of this thread is to show that the Fiat/lancia brand is looking to th future, not just short term fixes like have been done in the past.

Lancia sales are up again this year throughout Europe, the last i saw it was 24%, whereas just about every single major car manufacturer has had a down turn in sales this year.

As others have mentioned, it does not take much to reinvent a brand in the UK publics fickle & frankly badge snobbery eye. Skoda, the butt of so many jokes are pretty much accepted now, especially amongst younger buyers who do not remember just who bad there cars were, or even SEAT which used to be just cheap Fiat rebadged that were not even as good as the Fiats they were based on. BMW god used to make bubble cars FFS, designed by an Italian, hardly the cars they are today.

Yes dealers on the whole are pretty shabby, and could do more, but I believe Lancia will not be sold through Fiat franchise's, but maybe will start in Alfa dealers as they are perceived as more upmarket, or start with limited number of stand alone dealers in major cities, you don't sell Armani suits in ASDA next to George, so stands to reason not to sell Lancia next to Fiat if they want the brand to be a genuine quality low volume product.

Aaron.
sales in europe for lancia are up 45%. fiat sale up 19%. fiat had a bad previous yr, so no different.:)

The Trooper said:
This is good news, and if they make that new Fulvia concept car they showed around a year ago, I might even buy one :cool:
me too. it looks so retro. its beautiful(y)

Back