So then, what's your gaming choice?

Currently reading:
So then, what's your gaming choice?

What's your favoured gaming machine?

• Total voters

muppet42

by name and by nature
Based on the retro gaming thread...

Personally, I'm a PlayStation bloke. Always have been since the very first version of the PS1. Sold my Sega soul to Sony and all that :D

Played an XBox literally once, original not 360. Hated it, controller seemed awkward and the game was worse - maybe I was psychologically scarred by this experience or something. I have recently been tempted to invest in a 360 though :)

So then, what are you're chosen gaming machines?

Xbox by a mile of the current consoles. he original was a good machine, the controler was made for people with spades as hands though as it was the size of a small dinnerplate...didnt bother me too much though as i have big hands. after using that controllers the playstations just feels weedy.

360 is my weapon of choice these days.

Neither is my favourite machine of all time though.

I think all you console fan boys need to get a good old keyboard and mouse in your hand.... "gettin dem head shots is ez!"

Despite the fact I spend an extortionate ammount to build my pc to the highest gaming spec about 1.5 years ago I still have and occasionally use a 360 :)

Knew there'd be a lot of XBox followers :D

Have to say, there's plenty of games on the 360 I'd like a go of - Mass Effect, Forza, Halo, Gears of War, etc. Now that the RROD has been elevated by the latest hardware updates, it looks like a better piece of kit. Plus of course it's dirt cheap, in relative terms anyway.

Bought the PS3 myself due to having such confidence in the product. Never had an issue with mine and it's one of the original 60gb models. I know people make a fuss of it having a bluray player included, but it is a genuine bonus. Fact that it has BD Live and the software is easily updated online means it's one of the best BD players on the market, one of the fastest too.

Games catalogue could be improved of course, but games like Resistance Fall of Man, Uncharted and GT5 (whenever it appears) are great PS titles. Online play could be better, but that's what you get for free network gaming.

As for the joypad, I've had 14 years or so experience of the PS pad in one guise or another and I guess I'm just used to it. I did rather like the N64 pad for FPS games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, but when I got Doom on the PS I actually thought it was probably the best version of the game.

PC gaming's never really grabbed me. Maybe it's the endless upgrading you have to do to play the latest and greatest, but I prefer the console experience. I think I've probably played around 10 proper games in the past 10 years on the PC, including Doom and though I liked them I always went back to my games machine :)

im a pc man through and through simple fact is there is no comtroller better than the mouse and keyboard combo :D i did build high spec machines but have since gone into the HTPC so its not big b ut it its still pwerfull :)

after that its my trusty 360

mrcento you should have done what i did as i hated the big controllers :) order a japanese model control pad as they are made about 20% smaller than the norm for the wee jap folks :) its a much better controller :) dont know if the 360 version is the same as the original but i do love the controllers :D

Strip poker beats any of them hands down ..when the wife is the prize.. guaranteed to thrill..:whip: ;)

Playstaion all the way.

Like Muppet, when I first got a Playstation (The First one, NOT PS1!!!!)

I have been addicted to ever since.

I currently Have:
PS2 Plus 15 Games and 6 Cheat Discs
PS3 60GB Plus 22 Games
PSP (Original, NOT New Versions) 9Games and 1 UMD
And a Laptop
And still have about 6 or 7 Playstation 1 Games and 4 or 5 Contorleers Plus Multitap and Original Memory Cards.

I'm not a fan of the Wii and that's all I say so I don't get flamed by the Nintendo fanboys :D Unless I'm one of the bystanders when an attractive lady's playing it of course ;)

Heard the other day that GT5's been postponed indefinitely. Was in the business section of the Sun if memory serves and apparently they've already spent £60m odd developing it. Sucks as it was meant to be a launch title for the PS3 - makes me tempted to get a 360 with Forza :rolleyes:

Still got a tonne of games for all my old systems as well as some of you's may know. Always better to play games on the proper system than a PC emulator I feel :)

PC myself, no more building Pc anymore tho, just a bit waste of money...

Was only ever into one game Starcraft!!! Some game, tried to be a pro-gamer in korea never made it :( ...

Apart from that play Gt on Ps2!

Ming

YcMing said:
PC myself, no more building Pc anymore tho, just a bit waste of money...

Was only ever into one game Starcraft!!! Some game, tried to be a pro-gamer in korea never made it :( ...

Apart from that play Gt on Ps2!

Ming

I'm sure the sequel to Starcraft is coming out soon - I remember seeing it on a games programme of some sort somewhere. Never really been into RTS gaming apart from a brief encounter with Command & Conquer, looks good though.

Back