General So angry!!

Currently reading:
General So angry!!

I am in two minds about keeping the car now. Will i receive my deposit back?

Had a chat with the moosus about it yesterday (ordered ours a month a go but we are bracing ourselves for the kind of news you got)

The bottom line is that we did spend some time identifying our ideal car, trying it, having our specs added, and at the time it seemed the best thing to purchase.
I suspect you went through the same process and if in august it was your fave car and a great idea at the time then..... why wouldn't it still be the case today, just because you had to wait longer? ;)
Add to that the disgust to lose £500 for a car that never was.

Option B would be for you to go on autotrader and find a recent second hand, but then the specs won't be your own and the sweet perfume of a new car would have disappeared.... plus you wouldn't know how it's been treated for that year or so.

Basically I'd say to hang in there, there are much worse things in life, and think of goons like me who are gonna get theirs wayyyyy later than you, that'll cheer you up :p

"woch out" haha nice. :) thanks, it made me chuckle.
Is that you with the bottle of White Lightning Lloyd? You have good taste my friend.
I'm going to get stick for this but that's clearly Frosty Jacks :p

P.S I grew up in Australia where we don't have any of this stuff :p

Had a chat with the moosus about it yesterday (ordered ours a month a go but we are bracing ourselves for the kind of news you got)

The bottom line is that we did spend some time identifying our ideal car, trying it, having our specs added, and at the time it seemed the best thing to purchase.
I suspect you went through the same process and if in august it was your fave car and a great idea at the time then..... why wouldn't it still be the case today, just because you had to wait longer? ;)

Option B would be for you to go on autotrader and find a recent second hand, but then the specs won't be your own and the sweet perfume of a new car would have disappeared.... plus you wouldn't know how it's been treated for that year or so.

Basically I'd say to hang in there, there are much worse things in life, and think of goons like me who are gonna get theirs wayyyyy later than you, that'll cheer you up :p

not being rude but that has cheered me up!! :p I think when i received the letter yesterday I was in such a bad mood hence this thread but I have calmed down a little! wahooo

I hope my little fiat will be as I hope it would, if not I will not be a happy bunny! :mad:

haha gordon brown!!! You guys are really funny! NOT!!! Since when did the thought of spelling and lingo come into consideration when using a forum?
Just because I'm a chav it does not mean I cannot use a forum, I am disgusted at your behaviour and will never buy a fiat again, sticking to the good old chav mobiles, 1.2 vauxhall corsa :D

Save staines aaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii respectaaa!!

haha gordon brown!!! You guys are really funny! NOT!!! Since when did the thought of spelling and lingo come into consideration when using a forum?
Just because I'm a chav it does not mean I cannot use a forum, I am disgusted at your behaviour and will never buy a fiat again, sticking to the good old chav mobiles, 1.2 vauxhall corsa :D

Save staines aaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii respectaaa!!
It's a common courtesy to try and use proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and also speak English on English speaking forums.

oh deary me

please dont fight!!! there is no need for this on such a lovely forum!!

wag1 cookie monster...u kwl?? hahahahaha:p

you can stick your common courtsey up where the sun dont shine MR! I am common and what ? Speak english? who the hell are you mate? my english teacher? come down staines 'init' you will see me and my crew on mopeds or vauxhall 1.2 corsa and then tell me to speak english! I can speak german, french, spanish, or dutch if i wanted to, are you going to stop me?? I don't think so mr all high mighty, sit back on your horse and keep riding away!

Ohhh wag1 miss sunshine, sorry i came across some ignorant people on this form who have no decency!

u ok lovely? :p

you can stick your common courtsey up where the sun dont shine MR! I am common and what ? Speak english? who the hell are you mate? my english teacher? come down staines 'init' you will see me and my crew on mopeds or vauxhall 1.2 corsa and then tell me to speak english! I can speak german, french, spanish, or dutch if i wanted to, are you going to stop me?? I don't think so mr all high mighty, sit back on your horse and keep riding away!

Ohhh wag1 miss sunshine, sorry i came across some ignorant people on this form who have no decency!

u ok lovely? :p
LOL. I don't see you lasting long on here tbh.

I think that's really good advice! Think back to the time when you first thought about getting a 500, the car was the same back then as it will be when it arrives. It's worth the wait, I'm sure lots of people here will all agree.

Thing is... waiting is driving everyone nuts.

Just handle it as one of lifes little challenges, it will arrive at some point.

I'm digging in for a cold long winter.... its now a 'war of nerve' for me :D and I'm not giving in first :p

That car will be mine.... mwwwaaaahhhaahahahahaaaaa :D

I totally understand everyones frustration. :bang:

We ordered our 500 pop TD on 15th August and heard nothing. We phoned our dealer a couple of weeks ago and it was only at status 13. This made the wait even more of a pain. More things were going wrong with my current car and we were losing all hope and ready to cancel.

Phoned the dealer again today after reading this thread.

Car now at status 40. It's in the UK! :)

I just hope the car is as good as I think it will be!!

To everyone waiting; unless your dealer has lost your order, your car is on it's way. Remember what the ghost of Jim Morrison said in Waynes World 2

"Book them, and they will come"

thanks for all ur advice..im not patient so I have been effing and blinding lol! (n) but thats not going to help..looks like i just have to wait untill next year..hopefully they will not give me another date and pushing it further away.

The 500 will be my second car! :rolleyes:

I am in the same position. Ordered mine 2nd August & now been told that its not getting built until mid December & wont get it until end January - 6 months after ordering. Asked for my deposit back & was told no.

On the forum on the fiat website they admit that scrappage customers are getting theirs within four months. I have spoken to my local trading standards office & was advised that Fiat are breaking the regulations & they have had a number of complaints regarding this so anybody with a complaint should put in writing to their local Trading Standards Office.

I also suggest contacting Watchdog & Top Gear as the bad publicity might make Fiat buck their ideas up! It will also warn other consumers about the terrible customer service.

come down staines 'init' you will see me and my crew on mopeds or vauxhall 1.2 corsa and then tell me to speak english! I can speak german, french, spanish, or dutch if i wanted to, are you going to stop me?? I don't think so mr all high mighty, sit back on your horse and keep riding away!

I'd rather ride a horse than drive a Corsa or a moped/hair dryer :p

I also suggest contacting Top Gear as the bad publicity might make Fiat buck their ideas up!

It's been a while since Top Gear was still a show about cars!
siffle.gif

Last 5 years I watched were about 3 blokes over 35 going on 15 smashing caravans buses and old bangers, crossing Switzerland France Germany or Italy in a supercar, concluding that a car is faaar better than the other because The Stig drove it 1/4 sec faster, creating monstercars (Toyota-boat/Espace convertible) for fun, wealthy celebrities reminding them what it's like to drive a poor man's car and having a good larf about it, etc....... but hardly about Joe Blogg's car(s), except for the Ford Fiesta
:D
Extremely funny show I never miss, but hardly about cars you and I could buy tomorrow.

Must admit though that the 500 is one of the few car under 50 grand that got a bit of coverage, and surprisingly it was not only the Abarth. Quite a feat on TG! :worship:

Last edited:
Ah oui? Nous pourrions parler francais, mais vachement je crois que je vous appelerais une espèce de residus de con, donc peut etre il serait mieux de rester en anglais, non?

I agree in principle with the philosophy. providing its in the correct context.

Back