Snooker is...

Currently reading:
Snooker is...

Snooker is...

• Gripping and compelling - I can't tear myself away from the screen!

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Mildly interesting - I'll watch the odd match or the highlights

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Neither here nor there. I'll watch if there's nothing else on.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Tedious - I'd rather watch cricket and/ or golf!

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • A waste of time - watching grass grow or paint dry is more interesting.

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Snooker World Championship is on at the moment. I like watching snooker, though I'm hopeless at playing it. I also find it a very interesting game to watch when you realise the skill and tactics involved.

However, some people find it incredibly boring, but just how many people do and do not like it? Here's your chance to vote!

I like to play a bit of Pool and Snooker, more often than not Pool, and i'm not too shabby at pool, but snooker is a bit hard..

I live in the snooker city, so ya know...

Its terrible to watch though, but playing it is much much better.

I used to play lots of snooker, back in the early 90s - funnily enough, what with recent housemove, I came across my 3 piece cue and all my waistcoat collection :eek:

As for your poll, I love watching cricket and golf as well :D

Not really watched much of the current World Championships, just a few frames the other day with Doherty trailing 4-1 or something :chin:

How I wish I could play snooker like the pros do. TBH I would settle for like a reasonable club amateur, I can watch it for hours, I also believe this is the best way to interact with grass, I do not believe in cutting it, God sent us rabbits to keep grass short.

Thing is about sports, well with me anyway, If its a sport I play and I'm good at I probably would choose not to watch it on telly.

I rate myself as a Decent Football player and watching others play and do it badly just get me frustrated and I end up shouting at the telly. I don't like feeling like that TBH it makes me tired and angry, When you watch footbally at premeirship level you will often just see a slow paced game for the first 25mins or so and its boring to watch. Snooker is one fo them games which kinds of starts of straight away with minimal need for a build up.

I like playing Pool and Snooker, I'm not bad at Pool :p but I suck at Snooker because the table it too big and the pockets and so small.

I enjoy watching snooker because of the skills I see them do with the back spins and the exact placing of the ball to set up the next shot. I rate skill like that and I watch to see what I could be doing on the table instead of randomly striking balls :p/

Back