What is your favorite colour?

Currently reading:

• Total voters

Garree001

Ohhh my, yes.
Pointless thread, but then I like those :D I know I have probably missed colours and variations of - like magnolia, cream and wheat... But tried to get as many general colours as possible :p

Last edited:
Supposedly they aren't colours as black does not reflect any colour of light (which is how we see colours) and white has no pigmentation...

Then again, there are other arguments to suggest that black isn't a colour and white is - if you blend all the primary colours of light, you get white. This suggests that white may be but black can't be as you cannot get black light.

There is also another theory that suggests black is a colour - if you mix all the primary colours in a solid form (paint say) you will get black!

Make of it what you will (y)

hah, the laws of physics and maths, they make no sense but all seem to work.
my favorite is the chaos theory, i dont know if you are familiar, but its basically saying that all living things, are made by a series of mathematical equations, but they dont always work according to the equations??!!
the way i see it, thats a bit like saying 4 * 4 = 16, but not all the time lol. random fact but hey lol. :)

Yeah, the chaos theory is fun - but if you want to really confuse yourself, you can look into the butterfly effect as well :devil:

Yeah, the chaos theory is fun - but if you want to really confuse yourself, you can look into the butterfly effect as well :devil:

il have a look, lol.

edit: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect[/ame] <---- confuse myself? i couldn't even understand the first sentence, let alone grasp the concept lmao

Last edited:
lol. from what i can understand, it says that a small event like a butterfly flapping in UK, could cause a tsunami in thailand or somehwere. BUT its not an energy transfer!!???? yet another impossible, and confusing theory. people are paid tons for things like this. i might start throwing out some crazy theories :)

lol I think of a more low key example. You have a shelf on the wall, that appears to be perfectly level but it is in fact out by 1mm. If that shelf was one mile long, at the other end, the shelf could be a foot higher at the other end. Or at least I think that that is a simple example as far as I understand it :ROFLMAO:

or tha lol. never thort of it that way. i got a question for you then, that i cant answer. why is it that all animals have evolved over the years so that they breathe through a system with a heart and blood, but all plants have evolved so they respire through photosynthesis. why couldn't, or hasn't an animal evolved so that it can photosynthesize, and why hasn't a plant evolved so that it can respire? i cant find an answer for that, and was curious about it lol.

This is getting deep :eek:

Could be that photosynthesis can't work in reverse to respiration? We breathe in for oxygen, out with carbon dioxide. The plants work differently.

Or if you could reverse photosynthesis, would the process be efficient enough to support an animal?

OMG I'm such a geek :cry:

This is getting deep :eek:

Could be that photosynthesis can't work in reverse to respiration? We breathe in for oxygen, out with carbon dioxide. The plants work differently.

Or if you could reverse photosynthesis, would the process be efficient enough to support an animal?

OMG I'm such a geek :cry:

yeah, thats what i meant, surely a respiratory system could support a plant, and some animals, and humans dont do anything, so could be supported by a photosynthesis system ;).
yeah it just clicked that i must be a bit of a geek to :cool:, oh well, i think im cool haha

Back