Tuning Smoothed airbox anyone?

Currently reading:
Tuning Smoothed airbox anyone?

JDS82

Did anyone smoothed the inside of the evo airbox? I mean Removing those 2 baffles inside the box? I think those are inline resonators and they are realy restrictive, but it's one solid piece of plastic, so I think this won't be easy to do...

Why do you assume they are restrictive? The manufacturer has spent a lot of time and money making the vehicle work, properly. They are unlikely to design an airbox that restricts the airflow into the engine.
There is no easy or cheap way to increase performance. The only way to do that is with properly designed engine modifications, costing thousands.

Why do you assume they are restrictive? The manufacturer has spent a lot of time and money making the vehicle work, properly. They are unlikely to design an airbox that restricts the airflow into the engine.
There is no easy or cheap way to increase performance. The only way to do that is with properly designed engine modifications, costing thousands.
Ive done it to previous cars ( different brand) and I can tell you that the throttle respons got way better after doing it.also it has been tested with sensors and it allowed more air molecules into the enige, and also direct colder air if you replace the oem snorkus and put a cold air feed onto it. Sound get a little better to 🙂 so its basically mooding your standard box into an Cold air Intake.

But normally it's a relative easy job that takes 30 min. But these fiat airboxes are realy something else 😄😬

Yeah...hmmm i wil just leave it be then. To much trouble for maybe a negative outcome ;)

Ive done it to previous cars ( different brand) and I can tell you that the throttle respons got way better after doing it.also it has been tested with sensors and it allowed more air molecules into the enige, and also direct colder air if you replace the oem snorkus and put a cold air feed onto it. Sound get a little better to 🙂 so its basically mooding your standard box into an Cold air Intake.
But the the cylinder has the same volume and is taking air in at the same pressure how can it possibly have more air molecules in?

Back