Croma Slight dent anyone?

Currently reading:
Croma Slight dent anyone?

lanciaman

Established member
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
My previous reply was all IN CAPITALS, but the forum software "corrected" it for me.

Has anyone else's steering wheel worn out after such a low mileage? I mean the fact that the surface has peeled from the top of the middle part, shown in the photos. Mine's still like new, after 60k miles.

Last edited:
My previous reply was all IN CAPITALS, but the forum software "corrected" it for me.

Has anyone else's steering wheel worn out after such a low mileage? I mean the fact that the surface has peeled from the top of the middle part, shown in the photos. Mine's still like new, after 60k miles.

Is it not the sun shining on the one bit that makes it look like that? Mine has 115k miles on it and is pretty unworn, although the gearknob is showing wear. Not that it has turned a wheel in 2 weeks now...its doubling up as a beer frifge just now.

Is it not the sun shining on the one bit that makes it look like that? Mine has 115k miles on it and is pretty unworn, although the gearknob is showing wear. Not that it has turned a wheel in 2 weeks now...its doubling up as a beer frifge just now.

Hmm, no sorry I think that's what's known in the trade as a "huge f**k-off dent"...

Is it not the sun shining on the one bit that makes it look like that?

Could be. I was wondering about it looking worn for such low mileage. The pedals don't look too worn though, so could be OK.

I'd be happy with the dent if it was cheap enough (but it isn't). Perhaps someone who knows what they're doing could workr wonders with a hammer from the inside.

Have had the same damage on my tailgate by a kind person reversing into me.The out come was a new tailgate...£1380.

Have had the same damage on my tailgate by a kind person reversing into me.The out come was a new tailgate...£1380.

£1380? no way!

Wouldn't you love to know how much it would cost to build your own croma? Go into a Fiat dealer and ask for a body shell, some doors, seats and so on....

Bet it would be well into 6 figures.

Which means it is very nice of them to build one for you for only £18k or whatever they cost new.....

£1380? no way!

Wouldn't you love to know how much it would cost to build your own croma? Go into a Fiat dealer and ask for a body shell, some doors, seats and so on....

Bet it would be well into 6 figures.

Which means it is very nice of them to build one for you for only £18k or whatever they cost new.....

The price in ePER for a Panda shell is over 5 grand! ahaha

The price in ePER for a Panda shell is over 5 grand! ahaha

I've often thought it would be a good feature for the car mags - when reviewing a car, state what it would cost to build from parts at a main dealer. It would be an entertaining total, but also illustrative of what a few bumps and faults will cost over the lifetime of the car.

If you get a bored hour with ePER then I'd love to know what a typical bodyshell + panels and bumpers would come to, just to give a starting idea.

and pray tell why the thead has been moved to auctionwatch? Nothing to do with watching or pointing out as being for sale.....

dear oh dear.

My 06 dobbie has about 43k and the steering wheel started to look like I spent my days chewing it about an hour after the 3 year warranty ran out.
I've never driven it with chemical on my hands, nor have I ever bothered cleaning it but the top edge of the wheel (11o/c to 1o/c) is simply deteriorating.
And re the slight dent - that's a crease so would be a real pita to get out.
I had one similar on an astra tailgate, managed to get loads of heat on it to keep the paint intact & gently ease most of the main bodywork back to shape but the crease was still visible - until I found a stick-on rubbing strip.

Last edited:
Back