Technical Sliding door problems 2021 model

Currently reading:
Technical Sliding door problems 2021 model

Doyleyvan

Hi I have a Ducato Adria camper van. The sliding door has developed a problem and it seems to be to do with a cam that is hit by a striker that is not moving inwards. I have to push it in by hand. Any ideas what could be wrong with it?
Thanks
Kevin

Hi I have a Ducato Adria camper van. The sliding door has developed a problem and it seems to be to do with a cam that is hit by a striker that is not moving inwards. I have to push it in by hand. Any ideas what could be wrong with it?
Thanks
Kevin
Sliding doors often cause problems due to their weight and design. They do require regular oil on the mechanism, a photo may help to see where exactly the problem is, so others may advise.
There are several threads on Forum regarding this if you do a search.
Here is a little I wrote for someone a while back which may or may not be relevant :).
"Is there something lodged in the runners that is preventing to door going any further forward.
Over the years I have had to repair / align side doors on many Iveco Daily,Fiat Ducato, Citroen Relay and Peugeot Boxer derivatives etc.
So I would check the top and bottom runners are clear of debris and well oiled so they run back and fourth smoothly, generally due to their weight the doors drop , but you have been able to adjust the height.
So basically when you slide the door forward it correctly aligns with the spring loaded plastic guides and trumpet bits centrally so it is pulling inwards to align but something is stopping it going the last bit?
If you gentle slide the door forward can you feel if it is the rear catch or the front end that is causing the problem?
Another issue can be the rear top lock out of line with the pin if so it may jam preventing the front from going the last bit.
Sometimes closing the door from inside you can get a better view of the problem.
If I remember correctly if you slacken the pins in the door that locate in the rear locks they have some adjustment, which may give a small adjustment.
Maybe some photos of open and closed may help another Forum member to further advise."

Be carful with what and where you lubricate. Some years ago, I got WD40 onto a bottom roller. The plastic tyre stretched and would not stay on. Door jammed. A replacement bottom roller assembly cost 163 GBP.

I found that the top runner roller used to wear quite a lot and would pop out the runner more often than I had to deal with the bottom on the three ducatos we’ve had.
Where’s the Iveco daily door decided to completely fall off wehn I opened it

Back