'sliders' - thieves at petrol stations

Currently reading:
'sliders' - thieves at petrol stations

A very long time ago, soon after passing my test, I was driving home through Weymouth in my Mother's car, about 2am, and became aware of a car tight behind without lights. So I gradually increased speed, until at about 50mph, in the 30 limit, the blue lights came on. Turned out, the car was a police car. Bored policeman, saw the only car he'd seen for ages, so followed. Forgot to turn his lights on under the streetlights. Despite him thinking he might still do me for speeding, I did get an apology.

As the Ka is a 500 in a cheap suit, I would expect it to autolock as the 500 does. Surprising if Ford have deleted this from their version. Have a look at the handbook, or browse the menu, whilst stationary. When you find it, mention it to the salesman with a smug grin sometime.

I too was surprised - but it's true. The Ka is indeed a 500 in another suit but it doesn't share each and every feature of the 500 eg It doesn't have auto locking and it doesn't have DRL's.

(Some say it's also a better car to drive but that's another debate ;) )

Ford Ka manual

They have this sussed a little further north of me, they dont even bother taking any valuables when going to the petrol station.
Not even money to pay for the petrol :)

Back