Technical Skywindow Curtain

Currently reading:
Technical Skywindow Curtain

chomp81

Hi there

after 12 months of being unable to drive due to medical reasons, i was looking foward to a nice drive next week. this will still happen but it would be much better if i could get this curtain fixed and have a glitch free roof open session.

It was working fine till i decided to try and stop the curtain snappping back when it retreated. now what has happened is that the curtain has come off its black plastic rail things that i think drag it forward to front of car. these black plastic rail things are not level with each other. is this normal?

please see attached zipped bmp file. its a paint picture where i have tried to describe what the problem is.

the glass part works fine but once it has fully retracted, it returns a few inchs towards front which is caused by, i think, the glass part thinking there is a jam at back cos the curtain dont go all the way back.

first person to successfully help me with this will get £5 via paypal as a small thanks. or cash by post if u prefer.

so what i want to know is, should the black plastic guide things be level. if not, how do i get them to be? why does the front black plastic guide thing stop short at front?

If i have not made myself clear, please say and i will do my best to explain.

Attachments

• skywindowproblem.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 72
That is not right. They should be directly opposite each other. you have a problem.

thanks for reply. i was pretty sure they were level before. how many of them black things should there be? just 2 to drag curtain to front?

anyone else any ideas how to fix?

Just one on each side and the black rail on the leading edge if the curtain clips into them

i think you position the black guide thing just behind the curtain clips dont you? hey haev rubber edges dont they? there is only one of them on one side. maybe there should be another on the other side and this is causing the problem????????

do you think doing a reset would reallign the two guide/pulley things?

thanks again for the reply

i think you position the black guide thing just behind the curtain clips dont you?
thanks again for the reply

No. That is backwards. The black strip clips on from the rear of the 2 clips. It is a bit fiddly, but you have to pull some slack in the blind (get someone to hold it forward so you have some slack to use), hold the black strip vertically above the 2 clips, with the blind attached edge at the top and it kind of curves down and clips into the 2 clips so that it is now behind them.

I have no idea if resetting it will align them. I have never hear of that happening before.

Many thanks for your replies

resetting the whole thing realigned the two black guide things. I then did as you said and hooked it back on and now works fine

my return to driving this week will be the romatic-skyroof open affair i wanted. shame the fuel prices will make it an expensive one.

cheers again

Back