Technical SkyDome (sunroof) Adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical SkyDome (sunroof) Adjustment

The snag with all of these electrical goodies is we just use them until one day...
But no: I love the sunroof. Really, I wouldn't have a car without one. It's an absolute essential for me; can't imagine how the hell people can keep themselves cooped up with air conditioners, like kept chickens. The last one I had without a motor, though, was a nightmare; bloody crank just came off in my hand, and I hadn't even been being violent with it.

...not looking for one to use on the sliding roof is pretty reasonable thinking.
No, it isn't. It's bloody idiotic. Particularly bearing in mind previous experience with sunroof crank. I think I must have created some sort of mental dead zone around the experience. Anything but bloody reasonable, in any case.

Preach mode ON
As for forums they should be about banter and maybe a few near the knuckle comments. We all however have to realise there is no voice intonation and stuff we might say face to face looks really harsh when written down. I'm not a big one for emojiis as they really don't help very much and at best clutter the text. But even they have their place.
Mode OFF.
Yeah, I should have told that guy (Eddiethemartian) his contribution was appreciated. It was. Look what it's done: he's re-invigorated the thread and given me a couple of good new leads already.

Thanks for the contribution, Eddie. It seems to have really worked a treat on what I'd begun to fear might turn into a dead end.

Maybe more 500 were sold with the skydome ? You could try in that section.
It's a thought, and I will have a look, but I rather fear they're quite different.

Should be the same
What is and what should never be.

Not sure but the Punto is likely to be the same also.
No, believe it or not: we liked the Panda so much that the wife got a Punto, also with a SkyDome. They're completely different, except that they're both dual panels comprising a glass roof with an electrically-driven tilting/sliding forward panel. Lovely sunroof; better – proportionally bigger – on the Panda.

But no: I love the sunroof. Really, I wouldn't have a car without one. It's an absolute essential for me; can't imagine how the hell people can keep themselves cooped up with air conditioners, like kept chickens. The last one I had without a motor, though, was a nightmare; bloody crank just came off in my hand, and I hadn't even been being violent with it.

That's NOT my point.

I like electric windows and would like an electric roof (if I had one).

I'm saying only one of these electric goodies has a manual override and its been fitted in a way we would never expect unless we read the car user manual at the breakfast table. Backups only work if you know there is one to use.

Fiat saw fit to help the poor user close his roof when his battery goes flat (YAY!) they forgot to make it clear; so all that work was wasted (BOO). The issue is compounded because no car maker provides a manual override for the electric windows, so the poor user wont even think of looking for one. (BOO-OO)

Last edited:
Back