coupeskirts.jpg

Coupe skirts fitted today

Introduction

Just a quick snap in the rain to show off my side skirts :D
Notice the steam emanating from the rhs of the car, this quickly changed to plumes of steam :eek: turned out to be a split coolant hose p*ssing coolant onto the manifold cover. Good job I was out taking a piccy otherwise I may have drove off with no coolant. Also check out the model with the shopping!
Anyway here's the pic, I'm pleased with it. (y)

coupeskirts.jpg
Hiya H yes course you can. I didn't realise you were attending this meet in colwyn bay. One of the skirts is a good couple of cm bigger than it should be :rolleyes: I got the set from joy tuning and apparently they are usually a good fit, I must have had a set from a dodgy batch.
It's not all that noticeable anyhow. The skirts lived in my attic for 8 months before fitment, one of those "I'll get round to it when I have the cash" type of affairs :p

pinin__prestatyn said:
one of those "I'll get round to it when I have the cash" type of affairs :p
Ah yes, I know those. I also call it "never" :D
We'll see what else we have on next Sunday.
H

Hellcat said:
Skirts a slightly lighter blue than the rest of your car?

It's called fresh paint!:rolleyes: They will settle & darken over time, specially when they get covered in crap.;)

Matt the car looks blinding!(y) Any other plans for it?

Matt's planning a Front-Mount Intercooler, Roller Bearing turbo, decat, bigger exhaust, boost controller, and a whole host more. He may not be conscius of this, but as a Coupe owner, it's all in his subconscious! :D
H

hmallett said:
Matt's planning a Front-Mount Intercooler, Roller Bearing turbo, decat, bigger exhaust, boost controller, and a whole host more. He may not be conscius of this, but as a Coupe owner, it's all in his subconscious! :D
H

Is that the voice of experience?:D ;)

hmallett said:
H

Yes you are right H, this is all in my subconcious. No wait I've a better word for it, in my dreams :D

but within my budget in the next 6 months? probably a nice twin pod pillar mount as the boost gauge at the moment is stuck on the dash and it just looks tacky.
Then gonna get my hands on an Apexi AVC-R as it's a cool toy. Then I should be happy :rolleyes: oh and I feel like trying the G-Tech 2 chip after some of the coop guys have been running it a while.

With the boost controller you don't need a boost gauge, as it has one built in. Boost controller is a good idea (I've wanted one for ages) as it lets you turn down the boost, as well as turn it up. That way you can drive more economically, and reduce the risk of blowing up your engine :cry:
I don't know if the hybrid turbo on mine overwhelmed the standard bleed valve, as you could feel the boost see-sawing on moderate throttle, especially when cold.
That way you can put the cost of the pillar mount towards the boost controller. The cheapest place I found for the boost controller is http://www.apexperformance.co.uk
H

Oh yes I forgot the Apexi has a fancy boost gauge on the computer. Taffy has one fitted to his coupe and after seeing his I knew I needed to have one! his mate was selling one for £175 last month but I missed out as I was skint :eek:

Yes mate,

They are from Joy tuning.

Supposedly a better fit than the fiat originals, but I was dissappointed with them as the rhs one is longer than it should be. The quality was otherwise good though,and a damn site cheaper at £52 than the fiat jobbies :p

I regard JT stuff as crap and on occasion believe the saving would be negated by the amount of work needed to get them to fit IYKWIM?

Yours turned out ok though so looking good!

Liam

Back