Styling Sisley - changes to original

Currently reading:
Styling Sisley - changes to original

I have a 1989 Sisley, which will be restored (again) next year, lots of work done mechanically but need to get body work sorted to get it looking shiny again - and thru MOT.

Has anyone changed their Sisley away from original, or just kept it to the original?

Im guessing keeping it original keeps the best value, or doesnt it make much difference if changes are made to the exterior?

Thanks
Fozzy

About to do the same on a 1991 Sisley, the plan is to keep it as original as possible. There is no intention of using it off road other than occasionally so no lift kit being fitted, it’s too good to risk any damage.

K. any permanent change / modification will be reflected in the value but i'm assuming it'll be a keeper. Gentle mods which can be revert to original are always welcome. Happy to help you with the metal/body work altough next year might be bit of a push.

I have a 1989 Sisley, which will be restored (again) next year, lots of work done mechanically but need to get body work sorted to get it looking shiny again - and thru MOT.

Has anyone changed their Sisley away from original, or just kept it to the original?

Im guessing keeping it original keeps the best value, or doesnt it make much difference if changes are made to the exterior?

Thanks
Fozzy
Sisleys are becoming more and more valuable, particularly if properly restored. If you want a 4x4 to modify I’d suggest a scruffy Sisley, or better still, a standard 4x4. In saying that, if any mods were easily reversible a nice Sisley would be fine too.

I have a low mileage, well 50K ish, Sisley, which was 90% restored, but now needs restoring again.
I have no intention of using it off road, but would actually prefer a standard 4x4, so I can paint it and use it as I like.
I will probably leave off the Sisley stickers and cover the seats, but would really like a different interior. If I do that, I will have to store the original interior somewhere.
Thanks

Back