Technical Sidelight go on when the fan knob is turned on.

Currently reading:
Technical Sidelight go on when the fan knob is turned on.

deafmazter

Does anyone perhaps know this problem?

When I turn on my interior fan my sidelights come on. Furthermore, the lights on the fan also don't work and thus are unresponsive. Only the lights and instrument panel comes on. I already tried Alan's post but I have other tuners (A/C). Also the fuses are not working properly (F49)

Can anyone help me? As it is very cold in the morning so🥶🥶

Here some photo’s and vids

Attachments

• 64C0CCE0-C03C-4E87-92A5-43CB7320A824.jpeg
    64C0CCE0-C03C-4E87-92A5-43CB7320A824.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
  • BE0CA6C3-C753-40A0-A5E1-7C8142C5C2E2.jpeg
    BE0CA6C3-C753-40A0-A5E1-7C8142C5C2E2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4536.MOV
    30.5 MB
  • IMG_4549.MOV
    49.6 MB
I have a similar problem with the fan not coming on..I’ve checked the earths but nothing has improved. This did begin after a new starter was fitted??? There is also power to the blower. Did you have any luck resolving the issue?

To get the lightinig behind the knobs working again you will probably have to open the plastic casing, before this it pays to check fuses since you can save yourself a lot of work. Then proceed by opening the plastic, you have to go on rear sits, and from both sides of black plastic you will find philps screw into the plastic, same scres you will find also below front seats, and then also even more front, where your foot is if you sit normally in front.. then there will be some hex sloted inbus screws not sideways but all of these are screwed in direction like the car is pointed. They will always appear symetrical, so in twos. (Cant remember if 4 or 6).. also remove the leather for gear shifter. In this hole you will also find 2 or 4 screws.. When you will be pulling the plastic be careful of the gear shifter and about some attached connectors - 12v smoke plug and in the middle for electric mirrors...
Then you will see 4 slots for your bulbs that you just pull out and replace with new...

Then 2nd problem about the fan, did you check the condition of the fan/heating resistor connector? This connector usually melts - in fan position num 3 it usually stops working 1st because here the highest electricsl current goes trough the resistor, its true that num 4 has more currect, but for num 4 the resistor is not used at all and 12v goes straight to the fan...

I have a similar problem with the fan not coming on..I’ve checked the earths but nothing has improved. This did begin after a new starter was fitted??? There is also power to the blower. Did you have any luck resolving the issue?

Worth removing the fan itself, check it spins on direct battery power 😉

I had the melted issue on one old 188 kan ELX) , and dodgy electrics on a sporting .
I Worked backwards from the Fan motor and it seemed to last well.

For me it was bad earth, do u have tried a new fan and resistor?

All the earths seem ok….the fan is working when power taken straight from the battery. Didn’t know about a resistor…..where is that located?

Yep got it……summary….the fan works…..theres power to the fan…but the only thing happens when you turn on fan is, the side lights come on😫😫
I can’t see any corrosion etc on the resistor. This thing is driving me nuts😬

Ta da! Got it sorted… two wires were fused together in the multiplug for the blower under the dash……thank goodness and thanks for those who suggested all the potential remedies

Back