General Sidedraft manifold needed

Currently reading:
General Sidedraft manifold needed

Aceuno

Hi, I'm looking for a sidedraft manifold or some place where i can get one.
Its for a 1300 8v 128 motor.

I'm in South Africa :yum:

Would he be able to send it so South Africa?

Aceuno said:
Would he be able to send it so South Africa?
he sends and receives parts and engines from all over the world. he is infamous for making race winning engines and parts. he can often supply unobtainable parts too. infact he fabricates them to his spec. well worth talking too. he's a nice chap. you won't go wrong with him.:)
just try putting his name in google. see what it comes up with.;) (y)

Aceuno said:
Hi, I'm looking for a sidedraft manifold or some place where i can get one.
Its for a 1300 8v 128 motor.

I'm in South Africa :yum:

No doubt, GC is 'Mr Twincam' and he'll sort you out. You considered the DCNF route?

ABZSTILO said:
No doubt, GC is 'Mr Twincam' and he'll sort you out. You considered the DCNF route?
if you look on his site, he has recently done an X1/9 engine[john valentine's]. it shows details of what was done. besides fiat twin-cams, he's made a name with the 128 type engine. he also does vauxhall. ford inc cosworth to name a few.a talented chap.
[G.C. I WANT A DISCOUNT FOR MY 130!!:) ]

Emailed him, he cant help me but he got me contact details for a couple a people who can.

Seems like a good guy.

Just ment he seems like a good guy, you dont get service like that here...well maybe like 1 out of 10000000!!!

He replied with in a few hours.

M@nticore said:
is the x 1/9 engine the same as the 1400 uno engines, as i heard a rumour that you can take the 1500cc x1/9 crank & rods & put it in the 1400 to make it 1500cc, i don't know these cars at all, but are just interested to know.

In short, yes you can - the Uno (non-FIRE) SOHC engines are all derived from the Strada engine (as used in the 1500 X1/9). Not entirely sure on what you'd get performance wise though. A 1500 injected version was used in the Uno but only offered 75bhp thanks to all the emissions controls (as much as the american version of the 1500 gave).

jimbro1000 said:
In short, yes you can - the Uno (non-FIRE) SOHC engines are all derived from the Strada engine (as used in the 1500 X1/9). Not entirely sure on what you'd get performance wise though. A 1500 injected version was used in the Uno but only offered 75bhp thanks to all the emissions controls (as much as the american version of the 1500 gave).
JB.
please tell people, its derived from the 128 engine as designed by lampredi, which used a bottom end based on an abarth twincam european car championship winning engine.(y)

Thanks RS Pilot

Putting the x1/9 crank in the 1400 or any other uno block wont make it bigger. The stroke one the 1500 is less than on the 1400 uno. Only reason the x1/9 has more cc is cos it has a bore of 86mm and not 81mm as the 1400 uno.
The guys use the uno 1400 crank as a stroker crank in the 1300 and 1500 x1/9 or 128 blocks.

M@nticore said:
well jose from jedi motorsport told me that is used as a stroker kit,they've tried it and believe they won't lie

Listen i have done that...the only crank bigger than a uno crank is the palio 1200 and its in the 70's, but the mains are to small to fit in an uno.

Do yourself a favour and ask the guy on the x1/9 forum what is the stoke of a 1500.

With a bore of 86mm....5mm bigger than the uno, you cannot have a bigger stroke and still have it 1500. With a 86mm BORE and std uno crank yes.

1500 crank is a "stroka less" crank!

I might add that a short stroke is better for power compared with a long stroke version at the same capacity. Not so good for economy though.

Back