Styling Side door chrome beadings

Currently reading:
Styling Side door chrome beadings

Shanil

Hi as my Nouva is currently under restoration, we suddenly found that there seems to have been a chrome door beading which has runstarting from the front door handles of the suicide doors right up to the rear wheel panel just above the arch

Any one has any idea if the Nouva actually had this orginally as this is not there in my car now but we find that on the inner door there are small holes which seem to have housed this beading

:confused:

Hi Shanil

It appears that there were two versions of the 500 Nuova - the 'Normale' and the 'Economica'

It seems that the 'Economica' was better equipped, and this is probably the version that had the side trim:

Attachments

• 500d.jpg
    500d.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Wow thanks this car is like an archieological dig where one discovers something new everyday espcially during restoration

I found these beadings for sale and they happen to be in Atlanta Georgia, could not find them in Italy or UK

Its USD 23 per side:eek:

Last edited:
I have a question regarding the trim pieces that run along the sill below the doors. The 1969 500L that I am looking at does not have them, but most pictures I have seen looks like the 500L would have had them originally. Are they often removed during restoration/painting? Also, I have looked at the trim kit itself which is reasonably priced, but can't seem to find how they would get attached to the car. Thanks.

actually "'Economica' was better equipped" is incorrect...
the Ecconomica was the lowest of the low, it was stripped of anything that it could be... they had no wind up windows, no chrome trim and even no rear Nuova badge, and no rear seat.

There were from what I have found ... 4 Models
Ecconomica - Basic bottom of the range
Tette Apribile - Sunroof model (TA)
Transformabile - Convertable (same spec as TA)
Sport - if you ever find one with a fixed full steel roof you have the holy grail I believe this to be the rarest 500.
All the 500's up till 1960 were Nuova.

here is a mint example of an early car - Ecconomica
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C346290

here is a TA
http://classicfiat500.co.uk/current...-sale/1959-fiat-500n-in-medium-blue-for-sale/

The ecconomicas were convertable because the soft top was cheaper than the metal roof section on the TA's. The original Ecconomica was so basic most italians refused to buy it as it was so spartan and it was upgraded after a few months. These first models are very rare,.

I have 2 Ecconomicas,1 is a rare RHD the other I am just collecting in Germany that has stood in a barn for 30 years unused and complete although rather rusty.

The sill trim is held on with either wire type clips or replacement nylon/plastic that push into holes in the siills same for the trim along the doors and the rear wings.

So, did the 1969 500L come with sill trim, or was that an option?

Back