Sick of spilling Car Wax? The Solution.

Currently reading:
Sick of spilling Car Wax? The Solution.

I can share with you the ultimate way of fixing this easy to make mess whilst waxing your cars...

If you spill Turtle Wax (or any brand, but I use TW) on black trim - or even glass or paintwork - you need a 50p eraser - yes the kind for rubbing out pencil mistakes!!!

Rub out over the black trim, then brush off the mess it makes with your hand.

If you do this over the whole piece of trim, you'll get it to its best state possible - please do it evenly as otherwise you'll end up with lines from the rubbed and unrubbed area.

This works.. How do I know? I dried my car with a towel that had previously been drenched in wax... Streaks EVERYHWERE. Not a single bit of evidence since, and the black strips / trim look good as new.

Give it a go :D

Not really. I don't know about others, but I follow a fairly set routine when cleaning:

• Wheels
  • Shampoo
  • Rinse
  • Dry
  • Clay (if needed)
  • Polish (both body and glass)
  • Bumper care on black parts
  • Wax
Polish does tend to leave white residue on the black plastics (hence why I do them right after), but wax can be used all over the car (although it does say not to use it on the windscreen, so you do have to be a little careful around that area).

I can share with you the ultimate way of fixing this easy to make mess whilst waxing your cars...

If you spill Turtle Wax (or any brand, but I use TW) on black trim - or even glass or paintwork - you need a 50p eraser - yes the kind for rubbing out pencil mistakes!!!

Rub out over the black trim, then brush off the mess it makes with your hand.

If you do this over the whole piece of trim, you'll get it to its best state possible - please do it evenly as otherwise you'll end up with lines from the rubbed and unrubbed area.

This works.. How do I know? I dried my car with a towel that had previously been drenched in wax... Streaks EVERYHWERE. Not a single bit of evidence since, and the black strips / trim look good as new.

Give it a go :D

That's sounds like a great idea (y) I guess I could apply to any kind of residue that gets on black trim. I've had autogym polish down mine before so I shall give that a go :)

Or use this:

71mGo09Bm5L._SL1500_.jpg

"Those products" as in, trim restorers. Even tyre black.

They're oil based normally and when the oils dry out the residue / waxy particles remain and plus if you've got faded black plastic nothing will fix it in the long term.

The tip I shared will genuinely get it 'as good as you can' , sure it won't restore faded plastic but if you've good black trim like me and use it then it'll make it look new!

And for 50p for erasers, worth ago before ordering in anything more expensive.

I like Turtlewax wax and their car wash products for the record though!

"Those products" as in, trim restorers. Even tyre black.

They're oil based normally and when the oils dry out the residue / waxy particles remain and plus if you've got faded black plastic nothing will fix it in the long term.

The tip I shared will genuinely get it 'as good as you can' , sure it won't restore faded plastic but if you've good black trim like me and use it then it'll make it look new!

And for 50p for erasers, worth ago before ordering in anything more expensive.

I like Turtlewax wax and their car wash products for the record though!

Ive made sure all my black plasticy parts have the same amount of tutylewax on them, on a white panda they still seem black... the plastics will not rust and the colour doesnt matter too much for longevity og the vehicle :p

Back