Should I, Should i not ?

Currently reading:
Should I, Should i not ?

cundall

i have noticed that a few people have had probles fitting a new stereo to there cars, so i was wondering would it be helpful for me to create an online guide?

This is as i have just bought the new facelift model punto and i have changed the stereo over to a new cd one (not just adding a multi changer as i have heard nothing but problems about doingignition this). When i changed over to the new stereo i took photos stage by stage (just incase) to show how i had done it as i had to cut into the loom so that i could get an + ignition. i only went for a + ignition as i like to stereo to turn off when i turn off the engine off and the new punto only has a per pos (+) so the stereo allways stays on....

so do u think it is worth while doing this?

cUnDaLl

id like to see that as I hate my stereo not turning off with ignition.
Should be similar procedure in my seicento i would think.

joe

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
Black Front and Side Indicaters
Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit + JBL speakers 6x9 in parcel shelf, 10cm in front, 10" Sub and GTO4000 AMP(600Watt).
Abarth badges all round from abarthbadges.co.uk

shyphon - wire your headunit up the a permanent feed from the battery make sure you fuse it obviosuly!!

sig.jpg

Seicento Sporting 1.1 | Current Project : ICE Install

hi

that would make it work all the time like it now
I want it to turn off when I switch the engine off. So I can get the HU to beep to remind me to take it out etc.

thanks anyway

joe

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit + JBL speakers 6x9 in parcel shelf, 10cm in front, 10" Sub and GTO4000 AMP(600Watt).

Hi syphon123

yes the way that i did it was that the stereo turned off when the engine was turned off...

I will start work on the guide tomz...

cUnDaLl

thanks mate
will be handy to see how you did it. cuz I hate cutting stuff until I know what Im doing lol.
got a history of cocking things up u see

joe

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black

mine is only an active so it did not come with a sub :( so no i did not have that problem..

by the way i will do the guide soon but not for a while as today some C*&T has keyed the back of my car so it's off back to the dealer tomz for a quote..

cUnDaLl

Back