Should I change to Windows 10?

Currently reading:
Should I change to Windows 10?

I use a desk top computer and an Acer Transformer and both run Windows 8.1
I keep getting "reminders" to "reserve my upgrade".
I must admit there are some things about 8.1 that I have never really understood or used, so is it worth the change?
Anybody done it?

Done my main PC, it was on Windows 7 - no regrets at all with the update, all my software [including all my business software, databases] works without any hitches and I do like the interface.

If you revert, you can always revert back to 8.1 within a certain time period.

8.1 was a nightmare. 10 is a heck of an improvement.
Although I really hate the way microsoft has changed the way windows deals with emails. Can't get my head around that one so having to keep my old machine chugging along to get the family's emails.
Just seen a YT clip that might be of interest...

You can still use out look on 10.
just go on line to out look and pin it to your start screen as a tile.
I like 10 the only issue i had was putting it on mt toshiba tablet as there was not enough room for 10 and the old windows [8.1] so i down loaded 10 to a usb flash and done it that way, and then deleted 8.1 from c drive to save space.
I have saved both 10 and 8.1 to flash sticks as back up's.
LUIGI

Sorry, I was misunderstood or my message came across wrong.

I was just curious as to what the email issues were that sludgeguts was having, in case I come across it with any customer machines.

Personally, I use Outlook [and not Windows email] and have had no issues with any software on Windows 10 at this stage.

Last edited:
With all my other computers, reinstalling everything was a breeze - adding all the family's emails was simply a case of click the icon, add account, type in the email address, pop, smtp & done.
Win 10 doesn't seem to like popmail so I had to create a microsoft account then type in my email - but it wouldn't let me add the rest of the family's addresses under the same microsoft account.
I searched online & there was nothing as simple as "go online to outlook & pin it to the start screen as a tile".

You can still use out look on 10.
just go on line to out look and pin it to your start screen as a tile.
I like 10 the only issue i had was putting it on mt toshiba tablet as there was not enough room for 10 and the old windows [8.1] so i down loaded 10 to a usb flash and done it that way, and then deleted 8.1 from c drive to save space.
I have saved both 10 and 8.1 to flash sticks as back up's.
LUIGI

Out of curiosity, how did you get the option to save 10 to a flash drive? All I got was "win 10 is ready to download yes/no, downloading... installing"

Further to my earlier post.
Using the machine with Win 10 installed, I googled the problem with installing popmail addresses & everything that came up said more or less the same thing. Microsoft's new blah blah blah, doesn't like popmail blah blah blah.
However, applying the same search on my old pc (running Vista - as if that should have anything to do with the results) puts up http://www.howtogeek.com/226010/how-to-configure-a-pop3-email-account-in-windows-10/
As the first site to look at - and it all seems simple enough!

How strange :confused:

Out of curiosity, how did you get the option to save 10 to a flash drive? All I got was "win 10 is ready to download yes/no, downloading... installing"

If you go to microsoft download center you can down load windows 10 as an image file.
Save this to a cd or stick.
Full instructions are given on the site how to do it and what to do.
LUIGI

With all my other computers, reinstalling everything was a breeze - adding all the family's emails was simply a case of click the icon, add account, type in the email address, pop, smtp & done.
Win 10 doesn't seem to like popmail so I had to create a microsoft account then type in my email - but it wouldn't let me add the rest of the family's addresses under the same microsoft account.
I searched online & there was nothing as simple as "go online to outlook & pin it to the start screen as a tile".

If you search for outlook open the page and sign in, save page as a short cut and then you can ''pin'' this to the start screen..............simples
LUIGI

Back