General shocks and sprrings

Currently reading:
General shocks and sprrings

madasapike

I know this has been asked lots of times before but need help with this one.
My front n/s shock gave up this morning and has discharged all the oil round the inner wheel arch.A few years ago when i got them changed at the local kwik fit they had problems fitting them. They fitted what they thought was the right part but it turned out to be wrong as there was enough threads through at the top and the brackets for the brake hose was wrong. Think they fitted fiat parts in the end.
Now i want to get sports springs and shocks and lower the car by 35mm.
What would fit or will i still have the thread issue of being to short.
Have looked around online but they only list as being for 1.2,1.4, etc
Ps car is a 2001 Y plate 1.2 16v 80 sx.
Any help or links would be great.

Ok, do you mean the strut top with a large 17/19mm bolt on the top of it?

New struts should be supplied with new nut. You will need struts and springs for a 1.2 which may be same as the 1.4 as they are similar weight.

edit: don't take it to kwik-break again.

Last edited:
Not sure just know that there wasn't enough thread coming through at the top. Think that some nut wouldn't fit.

this may come as a 'shock' but you shoud fit the shocks and springs for your car.

the previous problem was almost certainly quikfit, they're a bunch of retards using crap quality patterns parts. dont go there again.

i'd recommend KYB excel-g shocks and jamex 45mm springs. it did wonders to my bravo.

try to domost parts myself but was working away at the time so had no choice.
Think i my have kyb shocks on the back changed them last year, will have to look.
Just going to do the 4 corners shocks and spring that way there done for a while.
Wheres the best place to buy from?

Back