Technical She won't start!

Currently reading:
Technical She won't start!

I have the same problem there are times she will start immediatelly and there are times she won't start at all.

I found a trick that makes her start EVERY time but i don't know how to explain it.

I turn the key normaly to ingnition and when she doesen't start i sliiiiiightly turn the key backwards and Voila!!! she turns on like a charm.

Of course sometimes i turn it a little bit more end i end up hearing the ingition making that hssssssssssssssss noise! frightening :eek:

can someone explain why is this happening?

That would be a dodgy electrical connection concerning the ignition barrel. When it makes that 'hssss' noise, the contacts are briefly touching and causing a spark. It will end up blowing a fuse if you don't fix it.
Try taking the steering column cowling off and push in the block connector to ensure it hasn't came loose.

My problem with starting turned out to be the immobiliser. It cropped up again recently - all was fine until we had some wet weather then she wouldn't start and the code light stayed on. It turns out there is a fuse that sits in a box right under the back join of the bonnet - just where water can get in. I had a new fuse and put some masking tape over the top so water can't get in and she's starting again now - although the weather is fine so :confused:.
The garage also thought it could be the aeirial in the ignition barrel that reads the code, so if it happens again I will get this changed. They say it is not too expensive.
When your b won't start is the key/code light on?
xs

No, the key light is ok every time regardless if it starts or not.

The fact that is does start when i slightly turn the key backwards is the answer to the problem.

I also noticed that when she doesen't start and i turn the key backwards, the pump light on the display stays on for longer time that usual.

maybe that means something

If you get a backfire every now and again when she turns over but does not start, then its a timing issue.

Get the timing sorted out by a mechanic with the proper electronic device which works out when the crankshaft is "top dead centre" or whatever the terminology is.

Mine was exactly the same for about a year, until a mechanic thought it sounded a bit ropy, and reset the timing.

The car starts first time every time now.

It turned out to be a multi-relay mulfunction...

it cannot be repaired so i'm going for a new one. 120 Euros

Back