Technical sgw and bcm issues Ducato

Currently reading:
Technical sgw and bcm issues Ducato

WayneNZ

Hi Team
I've just joined the forum so hope this is ok.
I have a water damaged (over dashboard) 2021 Ducato 2.2 160hp motorhome.
I am trying to bring it back to life.
After a major clean I discovered a major short and burn on the body control module. I got a new one from Italy (supposedly coded to the vehicle vin). I was told I needed a new sgw module to go with it. I duly got a new one of those.
I have had the local Fiat agent try to do a proxy alignment but could not get to talk to BCM. His computer screen showed a small red key in the top left which must be an indication of needing something.
I just read that the sgw may need a code to activate it. How would that be done?
Any help appreciated.
Cheers

Hello,
Actually, the SGW is used to block access to the BCM, not to male it possible. If you go digging a little, you'll see that DIY users try to circumvent it !
Most probable interpretation of the key icon you see is "you need authorization code" to pass thru SGW.
Fiat reason is "anti-theft protect", reality looks much more like access blocking for commercial concerns (forcing to go FIAT).
I would rather take SGW out of the set-up. If you already had a SGW, search on Internet for a boot-strap connector and set it up.

Take this as "no guaranteed cousel" only ...
Regard,
roulemapoule

Back