General service costs

Currently reading:
General service costs

Black beauty78

Hi guys, I've got my 18000 miles service coming up, been quoted 220 quid from my only fiat garage, was wondering if this sounds about right, cheers

It seems to be the going rate just now. I just had my low mileage first service for £165 from Arnold Clark in Kirkcaldy. My next one will be the 18k service and that will need the spark plugs which seems to be where the extra money goes. (1.4 T-Jet anyway!). They charge £225 for that.

Was quoted £210 for mine. Told them it was too much so they said £180... Said I wasn't sure, could they do any better? and I got it for £110 :)

I have a 1.6 Multijet Dynamic Eco 105 registered on 31/12/2009. Last year (5/1/2011), at 4000 miles I benefited from a low-mileage service at a cost of £132.00 at Vospers in Exeter. This year, although the car has now only done 6500 miles (an extra 2500 miles), they are insisting on a 2nd year service at a cost of £328.00.

I have also been advised that a low-mileage service is only available once under the warranty but I simply cannot see how a full service at £328 is justifiable. I appreciate that a few filters etc may need replacing and perhaps an oil change, but the cost sounds crazy. Unfortunately, in the South West there is no competition and Vospers has the whole area to themselves.

Can anyone offer advice on what I actually need in terms of a service to maintain my warranty?

Thanks for reading!

Mike

I have a 1.6 Multijet Dynamic Eco 105 registered on 31/12/2009. Last year (5/1/2011), at 4000 miles I benefited from a low-mileage service at a cost of £132.00 at Vospers in Exeter. This year, although the car has now only done 6500 miles (an extra 2500 miles), they are insisting on a 2nd year service at a cost of £328.00.

I have also been advised that a low-mileage service is only available once under the warranty but I simply cannot see how a full service at £328 is justifiable. I appreciate that a few filters etc may need replacing and perhaps an oil change, but the cost sounds crazy. Unfortunately, in the South West there is no competition and Vospers has the whole area to themselves.

Can anyone offer advice on what I actually need in terms of a service to maintain my warranty?

Thanks for reading!

Mike

Rockingham Cars have done 3 Low Mileage services on my 57 reg Bravo, at about 8500, 19000 and 29000. They only replaced the pollen filter because I asked them to.

BTW, I'm embarassed to admit that the ( rather rare ) Vosper name appears in my wifes family tree:eek:

Thanks, Neil. I assume from what you say that the Warranty was unaffected so I guess I'll need to ask Vospers the question again to clarify their position and then approach Fiat direct. Appreciate your taking the time to reply.

Mike

Back