Technical Sensor location?

Currently reading:
Technical Sensor location?

momoe

Just filling up the screen wash and noticed this hanging loose down by the O/S radiator housing. It has a fairly short (30cm) lead so it should be easy to find but I can't see where it goes - I'm wondering if this is the fan temp sensor due to it's location.

Anyone recognise this and/or know where it goes?
sensor.jpg

Could be a spare connector for optional headlamp washers or for the bonnet switch for cars fitted with an alarm.

Most manufacturers, including Fiat, leave spare connectors hanging from the loom for optional equipment.

hi there, i cant quite make out the colours of the wires on your photo,, they look like green and white? let us know and I will have a look on my Multipla.. mine is a Diesel by the way

Good point, Headlamp washer option looks good due to location and bonnet is alarmed.

BTW, the link to Multi workshop manual in the guides section appears to be busted, I mention this as you were the OP.

hi there, i cant quite make out the colours of the wires on your photo,, they look like green and white? let us know and I will have a look on my Multipla.. mine is a Diesel by the way

Green/white and dirt! Davren might already have cracked this but a confirmation would be good - I have a 2005 nosejob diesel.

Appreciate the reply, love this forum as it maintains the focus without seeming to try too hard.

Green/white and dirt! Davren might already have cracked this but a confirmation would be good - I have a 2005 nosejob diesel.

Appreciate the reply, love this forum as it maintains the focus without seeming to try too hard.
mine is a 2000 diesel and sorry but I don't have a green and white anywhere in that region

BTW, the link to Multi workshop manual in the guides section appears to be busted, I mention this as you were the OP.

Sorry, the eLEARN and DTE workshop manuals are no longer available from the downloads section.

For your 2005 Multipla it will be the eLEARN manual. If you Google " multipla elearn " you should find several places to download it from.

The connector in your picture is obviously not used for anything on your car. It's still got the blanking plug in it.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the sensor had come apart which accounted for retaining clip holding something, now I know what a Fiat blanking plug looks like I can rest easy.
Thanks again guys

=momoe;2705125]Just filling up the screen wash and noticed this hanging loose down by the O/S radiator housing. It has a fairly short (30cm) lead so it should be easy to find but I can't see where it goes - I'm wondering if this is the fan temp sensor due to it's location.

Anyone recognise this and/or know where it goes?
sensor.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ihad this prob is urs on drivers side if so look at bottom. Of driver side tucked in bumper is a connecter found mine after hours of tryin to solve same prob as thoght it was something to do with diog check then it dawned on me it aint if ya can't find it ill post a pick of mine apart for ya

Back