Technical Semislicks for the cinque

Currently reading:
Technical Semislicks for the cinque

paulmart

Hi I recently bought a 97' Cinquecento Sporting, and I wanted to do some upgrades to the car. The first things that i want to upgrade in my car are the suspensions and brakes. And I was thinking if I can fit a semi-slick tyre on the standard 13" rims of the cinque.

Thanks in advance, and as we say here in Spain "un saludo y buen floro"

If you are feeling generous, there is the Classic Michelin TB5F in 185/55R13, but they are £290 each...

tb5f-michelin-full.jpg

Last edited:
i have the nankang ns2r on my sei track car; i bought 185/60/13 but they also come in 175/50/13. i paid something like 70€/piece for mine; the 175 size is around 90€ i think (this is i think really the cheapest semislick tyre you can get. people say that they are not that good, but they work OK for me for now)

they're OK for track use; should be fine for everyday use as well (they're road legal AFAIK), but be careful when it's raining. on a wet road they're fine, but if you're driving through puddles expect instability, they can't really displace water that well.

i'm using the standard sei 5.5x13 rims

Have a look at Extreme Performance VR2 in 175/50r13, they sit nice on 5.5 alloys and come on a range of compounds.
Another option is Avon CR500 in 175/55r13, these are standard fitment on Caterham 7 racers and you'll find part worn bargains that have have been used for a few laps on eBay.

i have the nankang ns2r on my sei track car; i bought 185/60/13 but they also come in 175/50/13. i paid something like 70€/piece for mine; the 175 size is around 90€ i think (this is i think really the cheapest semislick tyre you can get. people say that they are not that good, but they work OK for me for now)

they're OK for track use; should be fine for everyday use as well (they're road legal AFAIK), but be careful when it's raining. on a wet road they're fine, but if you're driving through puddles expect instability, they can't really displace water that well.

i'm using the standard sei 5.5x13 rims

I think I'm gonna to get this ones, because is the only semi that fits avalaible here in spain.

Back