Technical Select of Ducato model in MES

Currently reading:
Technical Select of Ducato model in MES

Nice to talk you.
It is first contribution from Japan.
MY Ducato is 2.3multijet engine and it is Livingstone K3 manufactured by Roller Team in Italy.
I changed new Air Bag ECU and I try proxy aliment using Multiecuscan tool.
I confuse model type setting.
My Ducato manufactured in 2016.
I confirmed it from manufacture number.
It was ZFA25000002Gxxxxx.
I have been thought that it was Type250 facelift because there was indicate of ZFA250 and shape of the headlight.
It became Type290 after 2014 when I saw Wikipedia.
Should I have chosen Type290?
And Do you have the confirmation means in others?

I'm sorry my poor English.

Hello,

I've checked on the internet and a 2017 Roller Team's Livingstone K3 looks like a x290. At least by the front bumper and the headlights + bonnet. (I haven't found a 2016 one). It can happen that a van is produced by the SEVEL factory in one year, gets a primary homologation with its own VIN and production date and then the converting company makes the conversion the next year, then issues a secondary homologation with a different production date (which is my case). I've read about cases where there was a difference of 2 years (for more complex builts, ie. ambulances). But never heard of or read about the front being changed to a newer model.

With such small conversion (the form of the van body has not been changed) I assume your van kept the original VIN number. But I can be mistaken.

SEVEL and FIAT messed really bad with the naming. The x250 came out in 2006. Then in 2011 it got a facelifting. But no face was lifted :D They introduced new engines and changed the part of the electric system.

Then, they made a lifting of the face in 2014, the van got new bumper, bonnet, headlights, a bunch of new options. As far as I know they kept the previous BCM though (or at least its form). But changed the codename to x290...

Another lifting was done in 2017 and the last one (so far) in 2021. Again, the face was changed here. But they kept the codename. Hahaha...

Strange thing is that I saw on the online eLearn (at aftersales.fiat.com) the codename x251, but have no idea what it refers to...

I'd try to connect to the modules body + airbag with different models and check what does MES reads. The physical body module (by the driver's outside knee) is built from 2 pieces. It has stickers inside with the model number. Perhaps the earlier x290s have same electronics as the later x250? Looking on some online and printed documentation, it looks like it.

You could also check with part numbers on the forum online ePER (link at the bottom of the forum banner) on which models the parts (airbag ECU + BCM) were available.

Why was your aairbag module changed?

Yes it is a x290. The ZFA290 Notation was originally used in the 1990s so Fiat in thier wisdom carried on with zfa250 instead of jumping model designation to x295 to avoid confusion.
Welcome to the forum.
theoneandonly-san,
(We use "san" instead of "Dear" in Japan)
Thank you for your quickly response.
It is very useful for me.

Hello,

I've checked on the internet and a 2017 Roller Team's Livingstone K3 looks like a x290. At least by the front bumper and the headlights + bonnet. (I haven't found a 2016 one). It can happen that a van is produced by the SEVEL factory in one year, gets a primary homologation with its own VIN and production date and then the converting company makes the conversion the next year, then issues a secondary homologation with a different production date (which is my case). I've read about cases where there was a difference of 2 years (for more complex builts, ie. ambulances). But never heard of or read about the front being changed to a newer model.

With such small conversion (the form of the van body has not been changed) I assume your van kept the original VIN number. But I can be mistaken.

SEVEL and FIAT messed really bad with the naming. The x250 came out in 2006. Then in 2011 it got a facelifting. But no face was lifted :D They introduced new engines and changed the part of the electric system.

Then, they made a lifting of the face in 2014, the van got new bumper, bonnet, headlights, a bunch of new options. As far as I know they kept the previous BCM though (or at least its form). But changed the codename to x290...

Another lifting was done in 2017 and the last one (so far) in 2021. Again, the face was changed here. But they kept the codename. Hahaha...

Strange thing is that I saw on the online eLearn (at aftersales.fiat.com) the codename x251, but have no idea what it refers to...

I'd try to connect to the modules body + airbag with different models and check what does MES reads. The physical body module (by the driver's outside knee) is built from 2 pieces. It has stickers inside with the model number. Perhaps the earlier x290s have same electronics as the later x250? Looking on some online and printed documentation, it looks like it.

You could also check with part numbers on the forum online ePER (link at the bottom of the forum banner) on which models the parts (airbag ECU + BCM) were available.

Why was your aairbag module changed?
the green vanper-san,

Thank you for your particular information.
When I started the engine in morning, an AirBag error occurred.
Code was B0100-49 and it's meaning inside the control unit error.
In generally ,this error seems to be caused to battery voltage value, but I do not think.
Battery voltage was around 12.5V.
It was the weather such as the winter storm the day before.
At the morning, it was low temperature and high humidity.
I confirmed that included dew condensation inside of the front window.
Therefore, I think that dew condensation caused a trouble.

In Japan there is almost none of the ECU repair shop, especially Fiat cars.
So I purchased new one.
The DWG number are different, Old one is1393755080 and new one is 046858203.
These seems to be compatible.

Attachments

• photo1.png
    photo1.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 12
Back