General Seicento vibration and faster 0 to 60 advice

Currently reading:
General Seicento vibration and faster 0 to 60 advice

Can anyone help with some advice as my car vibrates between 40 and 60 mph. Tires new and balanced on front, new spark plugs, synth oil, air and oil filter and just had timing belt changed. Hasn't cured it. Not major but does bother me. Also what can I do to make the acceleration better in laymans terms that won't affect my insurance and anybody near Romford who can do it.

Also what can I do to make the acceleration better in laymans terms that won't affect my insurance and anybody near Romford who can do it.
Very little, comes down to a strip down and clean up of the engine, gearbox, bearings etc and replacing them with new items. However you can't have them blueprinted etc. as that is making the engine non-standard. You'll be lucky to get 2% at the wheels from this unless you've got a seriously bad box/bearings. Also you could try very high performance gearbox and engine oil which might give you a 0.5% whp increase in power if you've got really bad oil.

There are a whole host of things you could have done which are very unlikely to be detected but not declaring them invalidates your insurance.

Last edited:
:yeahthat: personally prefer to have 30-80 through the gears & 50-80 in 5th/6th quoted for car performance as they are much more useful real-world figures.

I was more thinking of improving general performance anyway not specifically 0-60.

Vibration is slight and felt throughout the car not steering wheel and only appears between 40 and 60 mph, tyres are wearing evenly so dont think tracking is the answer

As for my 0 to 60 speed, just want it to be faster with the standard plus a few additions if this is possible

Your vibration could be slightly imbalance wheels, a slightly worn bearing/joint, a tyre with a flat spot, steering rack wear, diff problems. Also it doesn't have to be the of the car causing the problem, could be something at the rear of the car.

As for my 0 to 60 speed, just want it to be faster with the standard plus a few additions if this is possible
If you're into light tuning then an induction kit, GSR is the main contender but not cheap. A supersprint or CSC backbox & a remap. But all that will need to be declared on insurance.

your not gonna find something that you shouldn't declare that increases performance, as said quite alot of things that prob wouldn't get noticed but not worth risking invalidating your insurance, if not for your peace of mind for mine and the rest of us.

Have you rang your insurance company to ask how much say an aftermarket exhaust & induction kit increases your premium cause it made next to no difference to mine and i got 0 ncb and points. after that, supersprint manifold, larger throttle body, P75 cam and remap

Back