Styling Seicento Steering Wheel Boss

Currently reading:
Styling Seicento Steering Wheel Boss

Thats very true but id rather that then not knowing where it is
Would give the thief a shock if they got in the car and realised there wasnt a steering wheel :p

i cant justify paying silly money for a snap off kit when a bolt on kit will do the job lol

besides im sure if somebody wants a car they'll have it whether it has steering wheel or not lol they'll just break into your home and maybe threaten the whole family maybe even harm them so id rather them just take it in those cases

not that there are any people round my area that are likely to do that and especially not for a seicento lol there are far better cars down my road lol
civic type r's subarus few mercs lol mines alarmed but i think taking the steering wheel to bed with you is a bit overkill lol:rolleyes:

just trying to find a website that does the bosses for my car so i can fit my new steeringwheel, but it seems bloody impossible at the moment

cheers

lee

pirus has 1 for 30 quid in the classified ads
yea i saw that it said it wouldnt fit the sei

Well it will fit a sei but see the attached image....

just trying to find a website that does the bosses for my car so i can fit my new steeringwheel, but it seems bloody impossible at the moment
Usual suspects; demon tweeks, venom motorsport, ebay.
You do realise that you have to buy one that states it's for a sei without an airbag. You do get a resistor you can wire in to stop the airbag warning light coming on or you can just remove the bulb. Or in my case i just drive round with the light on.

Pirus

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
Well it will fit a sei but see the attached image....

Usual suspects; demon tweeks, venom motorsport, ebay.
You do realise that you have to buy one that states it's for a sei without an airbag. You do get a resistor you can wire in to stop the airbag warning light coming on or you can just remove the bulb. Or in my case i just drive round with the light on.

Pirus

i do have an airbag so wouldnt i need one for one with an aibag or was that a typo ??

cheers

lee

I have a sneaking suspicion that if you disconnect the battery before removing the air bag then the light will not re-appear anyway.

But note that there are two very distinct airbag types fitted to the Sei, anyway.

i was told to dis the battery for 15mins before going near the airbag to make sure there is no chance of it going off

cheers for the link pirus will get one ordered asap

cheers for the replys

lee

I have a sneaking suspicion that if you disconnect the battery before removing the air bag then the light will not re-appear anyway.

But note that there are two very distinct airbag types fitted to the Sei, anyway.

I hope everyone disconnects the battery before fiddling with the airbag, so I don't think that's the case. I just drive round with the airbag light on.
Need to flick through the new MOT regulations again actually to check if they've changed anything about warning lights staying illuminated. Had my last MOT with my momo fitted and it sailed through.

Pirus

knew it was but thought i'd give him the benefit of the doubt first ;)

Michael

Browsing through the new rules that i have a copy of.
MOT Rules 2012. Section 5.4 said:
Methods of inspection:
1. As far as practicable, check that all airbags fitted as original equipment are present and not obviously defective.
Reason for rejection:
1. An airbag obviously missing or defective.
Note: A passenger airbag that has been switched off is not a Reason for Rejection.

Methods of inspection:
2.Turn on the ignition and check the presence and operation of any Supplementary Restraint System (SRS) malfunction indictor lamp(s) (MIL).
Reason for rejection:
2.A Supplementary Restraint System (SRS) malfunction indicator lamp:
inoperative
indicating a system malfunction.

Also this post in the New MOT rules thread

I thought i would revive this 3 week old post to clarify some of the things i've found out about these changes to the MOT test.
trawling through the Dft website there are a few nice documents explaining the changes but so far i've not found anything to suggest that they have brought into force anything regarding ECU changes or modifications this would quite simply be far to complicated to implement and enforce, however.....

Air Bag warning lights/MIL is now a fail if it does not illuminate with the ignition and extinguish, no light = fail, not extinguishing = fail. the airbags must be in working order as well so missing airbag = fail as does any airbag that appears to have been damaged or deployed.
at the airbag system usually includes the seatbelt pretensioners these are included too.
basically if these safety systems are not in full working order its an MOT fail.

another important change that will effect fiat ownership its that if your electric steering warning light is on this is a fail, as new rules come in to deal with cars that used electric power steering not previously covered by the MOT.

Engine Mounts and gearbox mounts are now also covered so if they are worn damaged or completely knackered then they can fail the car. and although worn brake pipes have been a fail for years worn fuel pipes have not this has now been changed to fuel pipes can fail your motor
catalytic converter must now be present, the absence of a Cat-converter is now a fail (unless the car was never fitted with one about pre 1992-93 i think)

I think the final thing thats of real importance is the use of a testing plug to ensure where fitted that Tow bar electrics are in good working order and the plug must be safe and properly secured, so no more dangling towbar sockets

there are a few little bits and bobs but nothing i see causing huge problems, unless i've missed something in which case please point it out

Hmm not to sure how this may affect you, might be upto the MOT tester's discretion so even if you have an aftermarket wheel you might be able to get away as long as the bulb lights up and goes out again. Just depends how 'friendly' you are with the inspector. ;)

Pirus

Last edited:
a resistor it is then

im quite friendly with the mot guy so it shouldnt be too much of a problem but im sure a cut about cat with straight through pipe will be fine as far as im concerned as long as emmissions are low enough im sure they will know no different if not a removable decat pipe is cheap enough to make

cheers for the heads up guys and cheers for the link

ill order a boss in the next few weeks and see how things go

cheers again

lee

a resistor it is then

im quite friendly with the mot guy so it shouldnt be too much of a problem but im sure a cut about cat with straight through pipe will be fine as far as im concerned as long as emmissions are low enough im sure they will know no different if not a removable decat pipe is cheap enough to make

cheers for the heads up guys and cheers for the link

ill order a boss in the next few weeks and see how things go

cheers again

lee

even tho i cant stand the amount of questions you ask, dont get putting a resistor in the circuit and think of plugging airbag back in or checking its resistance of the airbag

altho id probably die of laughter the airbag will go off

Ash

even tho i cant stand the amount of questions you ask, dont get putting a resistor in the circuit and think of plugging airbag back in or checking its resistance of the airbag

altho id probably die of laughter the airbag will go off

Ash

:life:

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

surely if there is an aftermarket steering wheel then there will be no airbag :doh:

:idea: if you read the thread u would have seen that, rather than just trying to take the ****???

and if you hate the amount of questions i ask why look at the threads i write ??? or reply to anything i write on threads??

as ive said before people come to these forums to LEARN and its people like you that make the it hard for people to learn, maybe think about what you write before u hit the reply button because if you take the **** enough there will be people that are wanting to learn that get put off when there are genuine people that may get annoyed with reposting things but decide to help none the less

just think about what you say before u insult or try to take the **** out of someone trying to learn something new

lee

Last edited:
Back