Technical Seicento sporting cutting out

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento sporting cutting out

thanks for immediate response.

I suppose removing pump gives large access hole for sucking out any petrol or dirt. Rather than draining down as there is probably no drain point
studs on pump are very small but all appear in good condition so with luck will not shear off. The car is not that old

Thanks for the timely help

thanks for immediate response.

I suppose removing pump gives large access hole for sucking out any petrol or dirt. Rather than draining down as there is probably no drain point
studs on pump are very small but all appear in good condition so with luck will not shear off. The car is not that old

Thanks

You would need to remove the filler connection where it meets the tank with a large bowl under.
The tank should be as empty as poss before starting.
You may need to buy a replacement jubillee clip so check first.
I would not take the pump out the tank just yet as you can have some trouble with the plastic pipe connections.

When working with petrol, Be very carefull and don't wear any clothing like nylon that creates static build up.

Last edited:
I think I will be able to check condition of petrol tank and contents
before deciding on invasive action.

Thanks for the advices I appreciate what you mean about pipe connectors
they work well but are quite fragile if not handled properly. thanks again..

Funny but we must be the only people hoping that our little car won´t start
well today we were blessed it failed to start after the classic 2.5 mile journey to shopping center where we had plenty of time in a quiet pace to check things out.

upon arriving engine temp was coo enough not to have switched on electric cooling fan.

when we tried to start it after 30 mins at rest we could hear petrol pump prime up for about 5 seconds before cutting out as it probably should.

when engine did not start
there was smell of petrol in and around car
certainly not at exhaust

plug removed immediately definately dry

good healthy sparking at plug when engine turned over

If dirt in tank how could there be a smell of petrol around car.
smell doent seem to be

have we eliminated dirt in tank without examining same.

Is it possibly related to engine temperature

which sensor would you replace first. if any?

Suspended visit to scrappy recently as there was double contract killing
in that immediate area last week Don´t want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time just getting part for sick car..

seems safer to pay for new parts in Dublin area

Last edited:
Over six months later I Just wanted to report an end to anguish over intermittent cutting out

Today Mon 31 march I tightened loose engine block to chassis earth connection. All problems solves Drives like new car

Many Thanks to the generosity and brilliant knowledge of frequent posters on this forum..

Last edited:
Re: Seicento sporting cutting out (Solution Yesss!)

The clever regular posters on this forum have solved an inherent intermitent cutting out problem with a Fiat Siecento sport.

The engine block to earth connection was found to be one quarter turn loose. The bolt head did not appear to have been disturbed and was not marked in any way. Therefore I was amazed to be able to tighten it at least one quarter turn before meeting resistance.

Perhaps we should Check connections on new cars?

Carbon sulphur or oxide deposits build up between surfaces or in thread could turn the connection into an electrical component which would be extreemly sensitive to temperature and moisture.

Hence Car starts cold runs to shops then while parked radiant heat from block warms the connection now a ( Resistor) which then will not pass enough current to allow fuel injection to work properly.

Works well in wet weather reluctant to let current pass when heated up and dry. Volage sensitive? A regular nightmare.!

CPU detects stray current. and so on.

Perhaps an electrical engineer will post opinion.

Anyhow cleaning and re-making a few connections is a simple solution to some huge long term intermittent problems

Thanks to the wonderful people on this forum.

Last edited:
Back