Styling Seicento S - Dashboard Controls

Currently reading:
Styling Seicento S - Dashboard Controls

jhumpy

Hi can anyone please tell me what the controls are on the dashboard of the Seicento X (2001 model), I brought car and no one discussed the controls with me (yes yes very stupid of me), I know the handbreak, indicators but what are the others.

This is a right hand drive car so controls from left to right would be good.

Sorry this sounds mad but dont fancy going back to the dealer and looking totally stupid

I also would like to know if any one has problems with their door locks, im not sure if it is supposed to central locking as the only way you can lock passenger door is from either with the key or from inside.

Also does any one know why there is no temperature guage

:) :D :)

They should be in your owners manual but here they are from left to right going from top downwards

ABS light (you wont have this light up as you only have an S)
Handbrake engaged/low brake fluid light
Main beam on
Indicators
External lights/sidelights on

Then the lights near the fuel guage from top downwards

Fiat code
Engine control system failure
Temperature high
Oil low
Battery not charging

There are three other lights but you will never see these come on more than likely. They are Trailer direction indicators, passenger airbag off, electric window fault

The big black button on the left is to adjust the clock. The big black button on the right is to reset the trip

Why is there no temperature guage....sadly they never put one in, which is a bit poor on fiats part, however you can fit an aftermarket one if you so desired.

Dont understand the door question, sounds normal to me. You can get aftermarket C/L if desired.

HTH

Last edited:
EDIT

Because you have an X reg 2001 sei you may either be SPI or MPI. To notice quickly if you have orange indicators you are SPI if you have clear ones you are MPI.

Those lights above are based on a 2001 MPI sei, the lights would be the same in an SPI but may be posistioned differently.

Thanks for that, the owners manual was not in the car when brought it and didnt realise until too late, that would have been the first placed I looked, never mind.

Back