Technical Seicento Rear Wiper.... DEAD

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento Rear Wiper.... DEAD

PaulT

Is there a fuse for the rear wiper? Looked and cant find it anywhere.....
Have just bought the car and reading through these theads it would appear to be a common fault. Any inspiration would help. Thanks Paul

Hi, my car came with the wiper not working. Luckily I pointed it out and they said they would pay me for it to be fixed. First off, make sure the boot contacts are making a connection (The gold plates on the bottom part and the gold 'studs' that push in on the bootlid). Next see that you're getting a voltage to the motor. I did this by taking the cover off, unplugging the wiper motor plug, closing the boot, and from the inside, checking the contacts for a voltage. I think from memory I had a voltage across 1 and 2 when the motor was off, and when turned on, had a voltage across 2 and 3, but not 1 and 2. If you get this, then the fuse is OK, and the motor has had it. Cost me (well, cost the showroom) £25 for another motor from a scrappy, you could probably quite easily get hold of one for less.

Punto has the same motor. You can look for it, too.
Be sure to grease the axle which pops out of the screen. Very often it stucks due to the dirt and corosion despite the rubber protector cup.

Mine's all of a sudden sticking.

Is there much to taking apart and greasing?

Back