Technical Seicento headlight adjustment issue

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento headlight adjustment issue

RichT1

Hi All

New issue tonight with the son's Seicento!!

Offside headlight seems to have 'dropped' so only illuminates a few feet in front of the car. Having moved the adjuster by the steering wheel (1-3) the nearside headlight moves the length of light (up and down) but despite making the same noises the offside ones doesn't move the headlight at all.

Is this an easy fix or does it need more?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Chances are the reflector has snapped off from the adjuster.

Open the back of the light and see if the reflector wobbles freely.

If not electric motor seized.

Chances are the reflector has snapped off from the adjuster.

Open the back of the light and see if the reflector wobbles freely.

If not electric motor seized.
Thanks - will have a look.
I think the reflector moved around when I had a quick look.... can this be fixed or is it a new headlight?

Thanks - will have a look.
I think the reflector moved around when I had a quick look.... can this be fixed or is it a new headlight?

I had a similar problem and found that if your card is right hand drive it is virtually impossible to get a new replacement headlight. There are plenty of sources for left hand drive ones so be careful. (If it is described as right hand traffic then that is for a left hand drive car). I was lucky enough to find a second hand right hand drive one on ebay, but there are a couple of fixes suggested in this thread.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ll have a look. I’ve tried to look for a few secondhand ones on eBay they seem to be getting very scarce… May have to try to fix!

Back