Technical Seicento ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento ECU

amydowse

I need to get a new/second hand ECU for my car but I'm not sure how I know which one to get - there seems to be lots of different versions available.

I have looked at my current ECU and tried searching according to the numbers on it but I've had no luck.

I have a Y reg Seicento which has a digital clock.

Thank you for any help you can give me

Last edited:
Re: Seicento EPU

I need to get a new/second hand EPU for my car but I'm not sure how I know which one to get - there seems to be lots of different versions available.

I have looked at my current EPU and tried searching according to the numbers on it but I've had no luck.

I have a Y reg Seicento which has a digital clock.

Thank you for any help you can give me

Hi, :)

no idea what an EPU is //or does..??:confused:

Charlie

If your car does need a new ecu and you decide to buy a second hand one then you will need the lock set and keys to match that ecu. If you buy new then it will come as a virgin unit with no keys programmed in it. If you disconnect the key code box before you plug it in, it will stay a virgin unit. This will allow you to check and make sure your diagnosis is correct.
Note: if you do this it removes the immobiliser from the car and you will have to inform your insurance.
What fault have you actually got.??

The light that comes on is the Engine Control System Failure

The fault code when I plug in my code reader is P0352 - ignition coil

The ignition coil was changed in May

The light comes on, with the above fault code, and then misfires and kangeroos - looses and gains power

The ECU has many numbers on it - I have attached an image.

Is the part number 61600.507.05 equivalent to IAW59FM7?

Attachments

• ECU.jpg
    ECU.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • ECU 2.JPG
    ECU 2.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back