Technical Seicento ECU and Star Trek punto

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento ECU and Star Trek punto

Thanks for all your help so far. I checked the wires to the injector again and I had trapped them. Re-made the connection and tried it again but the problem persists. I have been attempting to drive it and if I leave the car to warm up a bit it will pull off in first and then die when going into second. When it is a bit warmer still it will pull in second but I can only use half throttle approximately or the power gets cut if I put my foot down any harder. If the car is cold it will do this in first and I can't pull off. I will try and get some readings in star trek when driving the car.

Hello again. I still haven't solved this problem and was wondering if I could get an opinion. I have tested the resistance from the air sensor and it's giving between 6-7K which seem correct today being about 10degrees. I have tested the voltage provided to pin 31 and 16 and it's around 3.7V. and +5V the signal on pin 14 which is 4.8V so they all seem good. It appears that the ECU is refusing to accept data from the air temp sensor and just tracking the water. When I unplug the water temp the air reading goes to 38 otherwise it just tracks the water and I get intermittent injector driver S/C in STpunto also. Is the ECU faulty?

Hello again. I still haven't solved this problem and was wondering if I could get an opinion. I have tested the resistance from the air sensor and it's giving between 6-7K which seem correct today being about 10degrees. I have tested the voltage provided to pin 31 and 16 and it's around 3.7V. and +5V the signal on pin 14 which is 4.8V so they all seem good. It appears that the ECU is refusing to accept data from the air temp sensor and just tracking the water. When I unplug the water temp the air reading goes to 38 otherwise it just tracks the water and I get intermittent injector driver S/C in STpunto also. Is the ECU faulty?

Very unlikely, though possible.

Here's the Italian comments from the data sheet for the ECU regarding air sensor failure:

Modalità di rilevamento :
Il test della temperatura dell'aria viene eseguito verificando che il valore stia nel range dei valori ammissibili. In caso contrario si prenderà un valore di default od il valore corrente di temperatura dell'acqua se quest'ultimo è inferiore a quello di default e non lo si cambierà più.
- c.c. a Gnd :
TAIRA < MIN.TAIR
- circuito aperto o c.c. a Vbatteria :
TAIRA > MAX.TAIR
Frequenza del test ogni 100 msec.
Lampada di avaria :
- On
errore validato se : ERR-CO-INP = 10 Hex + ERR-VA-INP = 10 Hex
Recovery :
- Se l'errore è provvisorio si utilizza MT.AIR.L = MT.AIR.Lold (ultimo valore valido) ;
- Se l'errore è confermato con TH2O < DEF.TAI e nessun errore sul segnale dell'acqua allora MT.AIR.L = T_H2O, altrimenti MT.AIR.L = DEF.TAIR ;

English translation through Google:

Detection mode:
The test of the air temperature is performed by checking that the value is in the range of permissible values. If Instead you take a default value or current value if the water temperature is below the default and did not change any more.
- Civil Code to Gnd:
TAIRA <MIN.TAIR
- open circuit or d.c. Vbatteria to:
TAIRA> MAX.TAIR
Frequency of testing every 100 msec.
Lamp failure:
- On
error if: ERR-CO-INP = 10 Hex + ERR-VA-INP = 10 Hex
Recovery:
- If the error is temporary is used MT.AIR.L = MT.AIR.Lold (last valid value);
- If the error is confirmed by TH2O <DEF.TAI and no errors on the signal of water then MT.AIR.L = T_H2O,
otherwise MT.AIR.L = DEF.TAIR;

Roughly translated by me (who speaks no Italian!) - if the sensor is below a minimum value or above a maximum, it throws an error. If the error is considered temporary it uses the previous good value; if not, then it uses the water temperature until it gets to a maximum (assuming the water temperature is good).

Which is what's happening with your temperature.

I *still* think you've got damaged cables where they go through the gasket on the throttle body.

Neil

so when injector light comes on and say i fixed the problem would i have to have the car pluged into to get rid of the problem stord in the ecu or does it clear it on its own if it need plugging in how much do you think fiat would do it for

so when injector light comes on and say i fixed the problem would i have to have the car pluged into to get rid of the problem stord in the ecu or does it clear it on its own if it need plugging in how much do you think fiat would do it for

Should clear itself if the problem is fixed.

Clean the ECU (disconnect for half an hour) and see if its still there.

If it is, so is the fault.

Cheers

D

Back