Technical seicento diff oil leak

Currently reading:
Technical seicento diff oil leak

rogerowen

Speedo stopped working, gears crunchie, oil around inner gaitors. Got manual on CD but finding it a little hard to follow.

I'm guessing that I need to change bearings/seals at the differential (R & L). Looking at the manual - it's a major dissmantle. Any advice welcome.

Also - where's the best place to get Fiat spare parts?:slayer:

If you undo the two bolts at bottom of strut arms that may give enough clearance for work on inner gaiters.

these bolts will be well tight start plus gas A now replace the nylocs after

add oil if you are going to travel, but best to walk instead

try google eurocarcare

Which gearbox?

If wet shaft type, it's probably beyond economic repair anyway. The seals go, the oil leaks out, mechanical mayhem ensues.

Neither the Sei Technical Manual or the Cinq factory manual (let alone the Haynes or Porter books) cover the gearbox in any detail. I have seen manuals for the dry and wet shaft boxes in Dutch and Polish, but they are beyond the ability of Google Translate to render into anything that is less than painful to read. Looks like FIAT published all the gearbox stuff as a separate volume.

If you undo the two bolts at bottom of strut arms that may give enough clearance for work on inner gaiters.

these bolts will be well tight start plus gas A now replace the nylocs after

add oil if you are going to travel, but best to walk instead

try google eurocarcare
Thanks that's helpfull. Eurocarcare seem to have oil seals for the diff - although in the manual it shows a bearing/seal. I'll probably need to take things apart first and see what's there.:yum:

On a wet shaft box, there is a diff bearing to hold the diff in place, you will need these as your lack of speedo will be the diff has dropped.

Then there are bearing seals that go on the end of the gaiters. The gaiters don't turn with the shaft so the shafts have bearings on them for the gaiter outer end to locate on.

You will need gaiters too, that will have been the cause of your original leak, leading to your current failure.

Cheers

D

Back