Technical Seicento - Changing Indicator bulb

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento - Changing Indicator bulb

widdly

Not had my seicento for long (its an 899cc SX) and the front right indicator has gone. Ive had a look under the bonnet, but can't really see a way to get a way under the plastic shielding to the bulb-bit itself. I tried to prise it a little with a screwdriver, but a bit of it chipped off. So... I stopped.

Any help would be much appreciated. Driving along without indicators doesnt feel too safe. :worship:

you need to release the spring clip and pull the indicator unit out

once the indicator is out, you twist the bulb holder and pull from the bottom, replace bulb and do everything in reverse

it is a long time since i had my sei, so cant really remember the exact details but im sure these will point you in the right direction

gaz_wrexham said:
you need to release the spring clip and pull the indicator unit out

once the indicator is out, you twist the bulb holder and pull from the bottom, replace bulb and do everything in reverse

it is a long time since i had my sei, so cant really remember the exact details but im sure these will point you in the right direction

thats exactly how i did mine a couple of weeks a go...

Thanks for the helpful tips on this topic.

I just replaced the front indicator light. I took the leads off the battery. I removed 2 screws on the light assembly and dislodged to spring with the round end by pulling on it. The assembly then came out by slightly tilting it away so the part with the indicator would clear the car body. Yyou can sort of leave the light hanging by the wires while you proceed working on the now separated indicator light.

The indicator is held onto the assembly with 2 plastic pins which are easily losened. I unhooking the power cable (I suppose this might not be strictly necessary). The part the power cable connects to can be turned 90 degrees which seperates the clear orange plastic form the bulb holder. Due to corrosion I was unable to read what bulb was there, so I used a standard 21W bulb that I had in my spare bulbs set.

The light was working again just fine, I hope the bulb is correct and it keeps working, otherwise I'll post back here.

Last edited:
Back