Technical Seicento 1108 engine

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento 1108 engine

sorry i have butted in the thread there i have a 899 cinq and plan on an engine swap to a 1242, of course for simplicity a whole punto car is my first thought hense the gearbox question, not really sure the best way forward, as the car i have is in superb nick apart from having an elastic band motor!

LanciaMad said:
So do cossies.... :peace:
oh how very dare you!:mad: :cry:
SO YOU WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO FIT A COSSIE ENGINE INTO A SEICENTO TO MAKE IT A REAL CAR?

Last edited:
if you are going to get a donor car (highly advisable) then get a donor cinq sporting not a punto. the punto engine bay and wiring is different so wont work in a cinq.. well not without even more work.

get a cinq spoirting thats writen off and instead of using the 1108 lump.. get a stripped 1242 lump from a scrappie and use that instead, but the rest of the cinqi engine bay needs trasfering.

sarchris said:
SO YOU WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO FIT A COSSIE ENGINE INTO A SEICENTO TO MAKE IT A REAL CAR?

Nope, I'd stick a more reliable lump like say.... a Fiat/Lancia 2.0 16v turbo.:slayer:

sarchris said:

Nope, cos Cosworth 2L 16V turbo engine sits longitudinal i.e sometimes known as a north-south engine, is where the crankshaft is oriented along the long axis of the vehicle, front to back, whereas the Cinq and most FWD cars use a side-to-side transverse arrangement, as does the Lancia integrale with its Lampredi designed 2L 16V which a hill climber in Cyprus has got 897bhp at the wheels, so over 1000bhp at flywheel, something the Cossie or any jap 2L unit has failed to achieve yet :D

Aaron.

:confused:

Attachments

• bunny.jpg
    bunny.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 13
arc said:
also there is the clutch, cento cable vs hydraulic punto.

Nope, tisn't hydraulic on the Punto...its cable driven. Ive just finished (well 20mins ago) putting a Punto 60 box on the 1242 Cinq.

Chris is right about the change mech being slightly different though, It needs the Cinq selector support brackets to work effectively.

Hi its me again. Can you remove the engine only or do youhave to remove the engine and geabox as 1 unit.
SARAH

sarchris said:
Hi its me again. Can you remove the engine only or do youhave to remove the engine and geabox as 1 unit.
SARAH

Its easier to drop the engine and gearbox out the bottom together then split them after.

Back