Technical Sei Strut Brace

Currently reading:
Technical Sei Strut Brace

well ive got that in my house now and i when to fit it 2day and the ecu and the fuse relays get in the way is this the one then, cuz this is the one ive got

ompma1813.jpg

Isnt the MPI ECU located in a different place to an SPI? Can anyone confirm that? Did they do a strut brace for an MPI sei and SPI sei?

I know :) , but im not sure if the ECU is located in a different place in an SPI to an MPI, also not sure if they did two seprate strut braces one for each version, this could be a reason as to why its not fitting properly, you might have an SPI strut brace if it turns out they did two different versions

I have an mpi and have fitted the same brace with no problems. ill take a pic of the engine bay with it fitted so you can see how I did it.

hi,

heres the pics as promised. also there is no varient of the OMP strut brace for an MPi or SPi, they are both the same.

all I did was remove anything in the way, attach the strut brace (adjusting the length using the nut in the middle) then reattaching everything I had moved, back on top of the brace. Finally tightening the brace using the nut in the middle again.

cheers
rich

Attachments

• 100_0749.JPG
    100_0749.JPG
    457.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_0750.JPG
    100_0750.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0751.JPG
    100_0751.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 39
mmmm you have taken off the cover for the relays plus my car comes with ABS and my ABS system is in the way and the only i can think it will fit is if cut out some of the housing i will take a pic of my engine bay and show you

rich_lufc said:
hi,

heres the pics as promised. also there is no varient of the OMP strut brace for an MPi or SPi, they are both the same.

all I did was remove anything in the way, attach the strut brace (adjusting the length using the nut in the middle) then reattaching everything I had moved, back on top of the brace. Finally tightening the brace using the nut in the middle again.

cheers
rich

You have one of the earlier mpi models with the smaller ecu as ome of the newer mpi's have a larger ecu which means that strutbrace wouldnt fit (n)

but i looked into a strutbrace for my mpi sei with the larger ecu and there is a different strutbrace for those models, just could never be bothered to buy one at the time :p

and dude, ditch the k&n and get a gsr, you WILL notice a power improvement, not just the noise and placebo effect the k&n gives.

If you fitted this one you wouldnt have to take the cover off the relays over the right hand side of the engine bay.

and dude, ditch the k&n and get a gsr, you WILL notice a power improvement, not just the noise and placebo effect the k&n gives.[/QUOTE]

I no mate, Im trying to get hold of one as we speak. emailed oldschool now waiting for a reply.

Back