General Sei problems?

Currently reading:
General Sei problems?

Me and my brother took the car out earlier just down the road to make sure it was running ok. But there seems to be a problem with either the back brakes being too tight or the handbrake cable?

As we pull off the car dips a lot when the handbrake is off and squeaks as if there is something gripping onto the back. Also, on accelerating when you push the throttle, it'll go as normal, but the second you let go it REALLY pulls back like there is something constantly slowing it.

We also have a lil problem with the clutch, the gears are pretty hard to put in, and that's all of them. Maybe it could be the cable that needs to be adjusted?

Any ideas? How would I sort out the 2 cables? Do you think the brakes are the problem?

Cheers, Luke.

Hardest bit is removing/replacing the brake springs. Kripit uses an old (strong) flat blade screwdriver with a notch cut in it. I'm buying a pair of brake spring pliers! Otherwise, it's just down to soaking the actuators in WD40, bashing them until the pivot is really slippy and working coppaslip into the pivot. (or replacing them.)

or grip the end of the spring in some molegrips and tug/slide into position.

hard job and tiring, im going to discs so i never have to do the job again:devil:

To do the rear disk conversion, first do the front disks! If you don't you are in unknown territory. You might run into imbalace issues.

There's a FAQ on all this, but: for the front, Alfa 155 disks, calipers off a Marea or suchlike. It's very easy. You need 14" wheels, and for tyre choice/price reasons. 6J if you can.

For the rears, you use Cinq front disks (your old ones if in good enough nick) and one of a bewildering variety of rear calipers. There's a lengthy and well researched thread by Kripit on this.

Back